The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CZ 712 semi-auto shotguns. Anyone ever own one or know anything about them??

I own a CZ 97B 45acp, a CZ 452 Americn 22LR and a CZ 550FS 6.5X55 swede and love them all!! Never owned a CZ shotgun(yet
)

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High quality gun for a good price...plus unbelievable "out of the box" accuracy..

Just wonderin if anyone have input on their SG's??

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have never really looked at them--I guess I should change that.

I have done a lot of work in the Czech Republic since the collapse of the USSR and found some excellent companies doing high quality work at attractive prices.

It isn't universal--there remains pockets of USSR mentality--but that floats to the surface pretty quickly

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just like dem darn Browning Jap scatterguns...some fine offshore sourced quality!! Just wish my BPS & Gold didnt have dat MADE IN JAPAN stamp on their bbl! lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That label only bothered me with my first Citori--after that it seemed to have a different connotation

The ultimate irony--my Winchester Grand European---was made in Japan

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The CZ 712 has a factory price of under $500 which is darn good if the quality is similar to the other CZ's i own.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno...my 97B, 550FS and 452 are ALL made in CZ Republic.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yes rifles and pistols but the shotties are made in Turkey by Huglu. Some people like them some have alot of trouble. My experiences with Turkish shotties are not good. Does this mean they are all bad? Of course not, but most are cheaply made.
ETA: Alot of the Turkish shotties I have come across have nice wood for the price.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My experiences with Turkish shotties are not good.
Curious, which specific Turkish shotties have you experienced problems with? thanks.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I had a Khan (same as a Mossberg Silver Reserve) started to double within 50 rounds, and a CZ Redhead Deluxe that had safety and ejector problems. A friend of mine bought a Khan and broke the firing pins within the first 100 rounds (I was there). These are the only three Turkish made guns I have first hand experience with and all three failed very early after they were bought new. I have also talked to people/read about alot of problems with the Turkish shotties. I have also read of people that have alot of luck with them. Maybe the auto loaders are better, IDK and never will. I will not spend any money on any shottie imported from there.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EPointer, Thanks for the info & lead to Huglu!!
I have just found this on the web:

CZ-USA Announces Semi-Auto, Side by Side and Over/Under line of shotguns.
Kansas City, KS – 1 September, 2004
CZ-USA is pleased to announce that they will be the exclusive importer for Huglu Shotguns. Beginning January 1st, 2005, CZ-USA will take over the sales, marketing, distribution, and warranty services for this complete line of high quality, competitively priced shotguns.

The semi-auto line expands on the CZ 712 and CZ 720 models introduced in 2003 with the CZ 712 Magnum. The CZ 712 Magnum chambers 2 3⁄4” to 3 1⁄2” 12 gauge shells, and is available in 24” or 28” barrels, with either black hard chrome or camo finishes.

Each fixed breech shotgun in the CZ/Huglu line is built on a frame proportionate to it’s specific gauge. (12, 20, 28, and .410) All over/under and side by side models are available in 26” or 28” barrels, with single (mechanical) or double triggers. Over/unders are available in case hardened, black chrome, or coin (silver) finish. All side by side receivers are color case hardened.

CZ-USA’s new line is manufactured in Turkey by Huglu, a company with a 75 year history of making shotguns. The old world quality and craftsmanship becomes apparent from the first time you pick up one of these firearms. Details that make the difference on these fine shotguns include quality Turkish walnut stocks, hand fit parts, excellent wood to metal fit, hand cut checkering, chrome lined barrels and tasteful hand engraving on all side by sides and over/under shotguns.

The CZ-USA/Huglu shotguns are covered under CZ-USA’s 5 year warranty.

Jason Morton
CZ-USA
(913) 321-1811
Fax: (913) 321-2251
[email protected]

CZ-USA, P.O.Box 171073, Kansas City, KS 66117-0073
http://www.cz-usa.com

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Take a look over at shotgunworld.com and read up about them. Seems a few there have problems with Huglus. They can make a nice looking shottie and there is some real nice wood that comes on the shotguns, but ime the quality isnt there. For a little more money you can buy something that will last. If I was to look for a inexpensive semi I would look at a Walmart Beretta 390.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You dont think my Belgium sourced Browning Gold would would compare!! LOL!! I obviously know bout the local Wallyworld stuff sold by the blue smocked army.

As per my Thread's question..Im for anyones input whether or not anyone has any experience with the CZ 712 Semi-Automatic Shotgun??? Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loggy said:
You dont think my Belgium sourced Browning Gold would would compare!! LOL!! I obviously know bout the local Wallyworld stuff sold by the blue smocked army.

As per my Thread's question..Im lookin for anyones input whether or not anyone has any experience with the CZ 712 Semi-Automatic Shotgun??? Thanks much.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Look somewhere else then!

Shotgunworld is probably your single greatest resource on this question. If there are no posts, then start one.

... Or buy one and let us know how you like your new muslim gun.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HighCountry66 said:
Look somewhere else then!

Shotgunworld is probably your single greatest resource on this question. If there are no posts, then start one.

... Or buy one and let us know how you like your new muslim gun.
Ha, ha, ha... I thought my wife gets a lil edgy/pushy sometimes!! lol!!

If you read above my friend..you will see I posted stuff from looking elsewheres. Was lookin from a lil help from my friends here at HPA!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Let us know if you get one...my friend has a CZ Redhead that works well for him, not that he shoots much.

I too was looking at the 712 when I was looking for a 'cheap' auto, ended up going a different direction and buying an Xtrema2 instead.

Love my 452 American 22LR and their pistols are great.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have two sxs shotguns a matching pair, .28 ga and .12 ga they are DeHann guns, made to their specs by Huglu. I love the guns, the way they look, handle and preform. I have many shotguns, these are the two I use for hunting and skeet. I am very happy with them. Both guns have sideclips and the .12 ga. has the Greener crossbolt lock. The engraving on the side plates is washed out by the flash.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts