The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were thinking about getting dad a hog hunt for his birthday as it is something we all have wanted to do. Cypress Creek seems to be affordable and has some good reviews and 1 or 2 not so good. So I was just looking to see if anybody has hunted here before and if they would recommend it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have hunted there many times, food and accomodations are good, hog hunting is pretty much the same as everywhere else, about a 5% chance of getting one.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Jager Pro in Ga! check out the Hog/deer combo topic a lot of good info, they are hog only and thermal spot and stalk. Id say 95-99% success rate.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Since we are deviating from OPs thread, my recommendation would be for Switch Grass Outfitters in FL. If you don't mind driving to FL, it's the best kind of hunting I've done.

How can you go wrong with hunting from an airboat using dogs? I did the night hunt as hunting during the daytime wasn't an option in March. I used a knife and it an awesome way to hunt hogs. I know in the winter time, you can hunt with rifles on the airboat. They also offer still hunting as well. You cannot beat $600 for two hogs.

http://www.switchgrassoutfitters.com/hoghunts.html

Hunting with thermal/NV would be cool too, but there's nothing like hunting with a knife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts