1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Good news for a change.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I looked at the UNSECURE website of ljps.com and found it written in Chinese.

I doubt this is nothing more than fake internet news.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I looked at the UNSECURE website of ljps.com and found it written in Chinese.

I doubt this is nothing more than fake internet news.
I also did a little digging.... that video is from 2019. Not my place to say whether a "cure" or even a test kit has been discovered, but according to their timeline we should have seen it by now.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have the same question. Who is this guy, an ecologist, I have very little faith or trust in ecologists, I would not get too excited about what he says until I hear it from the PGC. Why wasn't the researcher who allegedly made the big breakthrough giving the information?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair points. Been busy prepping the Labor Day feast and haven’t had a chance to dig much on this.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That info is not new. Nor do most accept it as being important or exciting in regards to eradication. That being said their GoFundMe group will take your money to put towards their research if you’re willing.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That info is not new. Nor do most accept it as being important or exciting in regards to eradication. That being said their GoFundMe group will take your money to put towards their research if you’re willing.
That’s a sad truth that the majority of “scientists” today will research anything and tailor their results for the right amount of funding.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There truth to both sides of it. And of course there’s minimal data to support either side. No one is researching the integrity of research. But I can tell you having been involved (as research staff) at two different biology departments at two major state universities in this country, that while most researchers start out with (and even maintain) good intentions, funding and grants rule the day. Two of the professors I worked with at Indiana University were honestly under ridiculous pressure for their results to show exactly what the funding group wanted it to show. They were good people and scientists at heart, but they and all of their staffs paychecks depended on a certain result. Period the end. And that’s a lot of pressure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It’s a sad fact that science, contrary to what we all like to believe, is not well vetted and does not provide all the answers we think it does. This article I link is from 2017 and it’s the truth, for anyone who cares to read it. I am a principal chemist for a large corporation, and I have been involved with chemical and biological sciences since the early 00’s. The academic community is always under pressure to publish, and there is minimal vetting (peer review) for getting published. Most experimental research and conclusions reached can not be reproduced by other members of the science community, but it’s very under reported, because there are very VERY few researchers doing that type of work, because there is no money in it.
Most scientists 'can't replicate studies by their peers'

One thing I’ve learned as a member of the “science” community, is to never “trust the science.”

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Where's your data to support that? My contact with the scientific community would suggest quite the opposite.

For one example just follow the money going to climate change advocates.

There are many more useless scientific programs out there that exist only because of grants and will continue to exist as long as the taxpayers are paying the bill.

Reactions: Pennsyborn

·
Administrator
31,109 Posts
I have the same question. Who is this guy, an ecologist, I have very little faith or trust in ecologists, I would not get too excited about what he says until I hear it from the PGC. Why wasn't the researcher who allegedly made the big breakthrough giving the information?
You're gonna love this; I did a little research of my own and found the usual suspects. Here's what I found embedded in the video. When you read it you'll know who is involved in this charade.

"Renowned ecologist John Eveland announces new findings from CWD researcher Dr. Frank Bastian, including some remarkable timelines on how fast a cure might be in the making. Eveland was speaking on Feb. 2 at a press conference organized by Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania and held at Pennsylvania State Capitol Complex."
So, does that tell you anything? Yep, same old same old from the same old mutts.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're gonna love this; I did a little research of my own and found the usual suspects. Here's what I found embedded in the video. When you read it you'll know who is involved in this charade.

So, does that tell you anything? Yep, same old same old from the same old mutts.
I’m not as informed on these guys as I feel I should be. Do you have any links to their past activities and/or research?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

Oh brother The clown Eveland still smarting over the PGC not hiring hs worthless behind!!

·
Administrator
31,109 Posts
I’m not as informed on these guys as I feel I should be. Do you have any links to their past activities and/or research?
Eveland has close connections to an outfit called USP whose claim to fame is that they've brought numerous lawsuits that were aimed at discrediting the PGC. They've all failed.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.