The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning all Three of us went out it was cloudy and cold. Only 62* and very little wind. I decided that we should try going up to 100gr Blackhorn209 in the rifles and see how they did with the 300gr Powerbelt Platinums. Boy am i glad we did so!

All the shooting is from 100 yards.

Dad with his Apex,

Brothers Accura V2

With the light wind that was there, it was blowing in our face and my eyes dont do well with it and kept drying up. My Optima did okay but my vision was just to blurry to waste any more lead and powder on so i grabbed my Accura and shot 100gr Blackhorn209 with the 295gr Powerbelts. I should have stopped at 3 but i wanted to see what 5 shots did. Guess which shots were the first 3 :wall:

After the 300's were shot up we switched over to the 295's and my Dads Apex didnt do nearly as well with them. I think maybe 80 or 90gr would tighten it up, just didnt like 100gr BH209.

My brothers V2 on the other hand did really darn good and shot close to the same group as the 300's but much lower. His will shoot either Powerbelt very accurately.

Great day of shooting, but now its time to straighten up the supplies, wash up and enjoy the rest of the day easily.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
are you sponsered my blackhorn? I notices all three of you were sporting blackhorn hats

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
your dads apex shoots high just like my cva wolf does. I didnt think inlines were all they are hyped to be till I got one and they are defanatly cabable of 200yd performance.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep its shooting high but we'll take care of that once step at a time. Right now we're leaving the rifles right there and experimenting with new bullets. The rifles originally were sighted in with 90gr but that extra 10gr bh209 we added just really tightened things up.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
frontier gander said:
yep its shooting high but we'll take care of that once step at a time. Right now we're leaving the rifles right there and experimenting with new bullets. The rifles originally were sighted in with 90gr but that extra 10gr bh209 we added just really tightened things up.
the triple 7 magnum powder is what makes mine shoot high, once I get back further from the target it comes down on the target.
I need to get on a bench a couple more times to get the sites fine tuned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts