The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couldnt pass up on a cva inline, i realize the one i bought is not top of the line but couldnt beat the price. it is a cva buckhorn magnum, just wondering if anyone has any info on them loads ect. no paperwork on it

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
you have the 1 with the straight bolt or the 1 where the bolt has to be flipped up and forward to be on safe?

Go to CVA's website and ask them to send you information on it and also, check out thier FAQ list...

You need to work on loads..

I use 100 grains- 2 50 grain pyrodex pellets in mine with a 245 arotip powerbelt in it and it drives tacks...my buddy Mike has the same exact rifle of mine (I gave it to him as a birthday presant) he shoots the magnum charges in his with the 245grn arotips and gets the same results

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the straight bolt,i really just wanted to know if it was worth the 50 bucks i paid for it ,thanks for the info

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would say that the muzzleloader is worth $50. Cabelas is selling them for $120 on sale.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah somebody else told me they were on sale a wall-mart also for 106.00 but i figure any gun is worth 50 so i lept on it ol lady dont feel the same way but shell get over it she had the nerve to say that i already have enough guns!

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can NEVER have enough guns. I was looking to buy one with some Christmas money that I received, but my wife tried to pull the same thing with me. "You don't need any more guns."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts