The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at inlines and really like the CVA Wolf. I know it's an entry level gun, but I don't want to tie up a lot of money in something I'll only hunt with one week in October. Most reviews on the internet say they're really accurate and everyone that owns one seems to love it. Any opinions?

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
GREAT little gun. I bought one for me and one for a landowner of mine a few years ago. He loves his so much, he hunts with it in all deer seasons (he lives in VA). I use mine a lot here in SRA. I think I paid $129 each.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I,m not into inlines but have heard way more pros on this rifle than cons.For the money you can,t go wrong.I bet you,ll be well satified.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Helped a friend sight it in for his wife. It's a nice gun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had one. Shoots accurate. They are light and if you load heavy they have significant recoil. My fireing pin stuck and the gun would go off inconsistently. The design of the gun does not make gunsmithing easy, and if you need to pay a gunsmith you might as well trash it and buy a new one. I bought the low level TC Omega and haven't looked back. I'd spend a few extra bucks on a nice gun.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Agreed DJC if he was goin to use it alot.But it sounds like to me he,ll only use it for the one week of the year and no more.I wouldn,t scope it either kxgood,that will keep your cost down and you,ll have more satisfaction scorin with open sites.Don,t rule out buyin preowned cause you might even buy one scoped cheaper than a unscoped new.You could even score a preowned never fired one that someone bought on an impulse and never shot,or at least only shot a couple of times.Keep an eye out on the classifieds here and also put a wanted ad on here too.I betcha you get a response.Good luck.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
taking care of the new wolf is extremely easy as the firing pin is easily removed for cleaning.

Check out the stainless steel wolf! IMO its one of the best bargains on the market today.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Love mine also, have not shot a deer yet. I have done a good amount of shooting targets with it though. shoots very accurate and never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've had my CVA Wolf for several years. It shoots great, is easy to clean, and have harvested several deer with it. Even my eight year old son enjoys shooting it with reduced loads of around 55 grains. Great gun for the value.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your advice. I think I'm going to get the Wolf and be ready for the early ml season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts