The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a question for people that have a cva wolf .50 cal
what primer, powder, and round do you have the best results with?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
100 grains triple seven, 240 grain pistol bullet and a T/C sabot and a Cheddite 209 primer. (they are waterproof)
1 1/2 at 100 yards. Great shooting guns.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are your powerbelts the hollow tip 245 grain?

Ill be starting off with the powerbelt 245 hollowtips
and triple 7 powder and I think there tc 209 primers. Ive got lots of practice to do before the early muzzleloader season this fall.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use 245 gr powerbelts,triple seven 209 primers and 100 gr triple seven pellets. For a cheaper gun shoots extremely well.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
i use 195gr hollow point powerbelt...100 gr 50/50 ...it sure does a job...i have shot the aero points but found they go right thru themm ..hollow points to be best..

at a hunderd yrs i have three shots touching or with in 1/16 of an inch..
45 calber

·
Registered
618 Posts
- 245 ballistic tip powerbelts
- 100 grains of pyrodex
- open sights

took one shot at one deer "turkey style" (wind was bad from the tree stand, so i sat on the ground with the wind in my favor). I have never hit an animal with a firearm as hard as I hit the doe I shot with that CVA Wolf. Good, cheap, effective muzzleloader.

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
All the cva's ive ever owned loved 348 grain Powerbelt Aerotips with about 100 grains 2fg t7. Owned a cva firebolt and optima pro. Both no longer owned.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I was gonna use my uncles, but decided that I wanna purchase my own since I won a cabelas card , there on sale right now also. IM gonna get some diffrent powder, sabots and primers and my uncle and I are gonna practice and see what groups the best. Im pumped for this season since hes gonna be down aslo. gonna be nice to finally have someone to hunt with. Ill keep everyone updated on how are target practice goes.

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
turkey4life said:
well I was gonna use my uncles, but decided that I wanna purchase my own since I won a cabelas card , there on sale right now also. IM gonna get some diffrent powder, sabots and primers and my uncle and I are gonna practice and see what groups the best. Im pumped for this season since hes gonna be down aslo. gonna be nice to finally have someone to hunt with. Ill keep everyone updated on how are target practice goes.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got everything ordered from cabelas, everything should be here sometime during next week. got the cva wolf on sale.
ordered some hornday high speed low drag sabots, triple se7en magnum pellets, and cci magnum 209 primers. I figured if the hornaday sabots dont work well oh well since we already have alot of powerbelts.

cant wait to get it on target next week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts