The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. I like both it and the Traditions Vortex but the Traditions is heavier. I really like the balance and quick sight acquisition of the CVA. If I can get my T/C Triumph sold I'll be getting one.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Years ago I said I'd never own a CVA but they have cleaned up their act in recent years. I bought an Optima V2 last week and am eager to try it out. I shouldered the Optima V2 and Acura V2 at a shop and liked the feel of the Optima V2 better. Owners of both of these models are pretty high on them. Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I used to be a strict TC man.

Then a friend of mine purchased a CVA optima. I could not believe the performance. Then his father purchased one, and the performance was still there. At 100 yards with 285 gr sabots, 2 pyrodex pellets, his group was 1.5 or less off of a dead slead with the cabelas powder burn scope.

Then their other son purchased one and the smae exact setup and the same results. So I purchased mine earlier this year.

I am very much looking forward to shooting it next month to sight it in.

The CVA optima in my opinion is one of the best muzzle loader I have seen for the price in a long time.

I have no idea how they hold up over time, or their ruggedness because this all happened over the past year.

Went to cardpool, purchased electronic gift cards, then made the purchase when it was on sale from bass pro. Best 300 I spent this year besides my dog e collar from TT.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I have the cva wolf and was very happy with its performance. I am going to be buying the Optima V2 in handgun varaiation soon. Just have to sell my cross bow

·
Registered
279 Posts
Im not a fan of the inlines but I bought one for a Colorado elk hunt. I bought the cva optima v2.It has one of the best triggers and with 100gr BH 209 and a 300gr thor bullet look out. I was starting to look for the kill zone on a house fly it is that accurate. Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought an optima V2 last year. Camo thumb hole stock. Stainless barrel. Put a Burris 3x9 on it. Great gun. Would suggest it to anyone. Especially for the price. They are well worth it in my opinion. Took 2 deer with it last year. I love the breech plugs in them. Just use your fingers. No tools needed. And the palm saver ram rod. Makes loading a heck of a lot easier. I shoot 2 pyrodrex pellets and a 255 grain Barnes Spitfire TMZ sabot. Great results. Again I would recommend this gun to anyone looking at getting an inline.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I am looking at a CVA Wolf, for $245. with a scope is tough to beat, especially if not a passionate in-liner.......

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just picked up a Optima. What loads/bullets are you shooting? I only have 3 Hornady XTP 240's left and I'm thinking of trying something different. I will be using Pyrodex pellets, 100 grain.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I bought a stainless optima V2 last year. I like it better than my TC Encore. Lighter, more accurate, great trigger. I shot a doe with it in the early season. The load I shoot is a 200 gr Shockwave and 100 gr of BH209.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I own a CVA accura v2, I got it last year and tinkered with it a good bit......ended up going with blackhorn 209 90 gr. 250 grain barnes tmz bullets. the gun has a leupold grand slam on it.....this has become my new favorite gun....cutting holes in groups of 3 at 100 1/4" groups at 150 and 1" at 200, this thing is lethal, so I took it last year big doe comes out walking along I ranged her at 147 yards, I put the 150 ring in front of her, when she stepped in the scope I cut it loose, she crumpled like a sack of potatos.....im an archer, and will archery hunt all of gun season, but if a giant goes by and I cant take him on film with the bow, I will have the cva by my side, best gun I ever bought hands down!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
seen one optima v2 no scope for $198...is that a good price?...thinking about getting it..not much into inlines but..figured to get it now while the price is low

·
Registered
119 Posts
buckinnuts said:
seen one optima v2 no scope for $198...is that a good price?...thinking about getting it..not much into inlines but..figured to get it now while the price is low
If it is new and comes with the scope mount for $198, that is a great price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts