The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of entertaining my 8 year old nephew this afternoon. I don't get to see him much, but a distant relatives viewing was tonight, and all thought best if he stayed home with Uncle Joe. He made a beeline for my den, like always, to see the heads and horns and guns. After the usual 20 minutes of explainations, he went to a photo I had just put up of myself and a buck. He stared briefly at the pic, me clad all in Woolrich posing with a defunct 7 point and he asked " How come you have your Jammies on " ? Evidently 8 year olds don't have an appreciation for the Pa Tuxedo ! We wound it up with a walk in the woods, saw 7 deer, and then blew up a dozen balloons, scattered them in the field, and he went at them with a single shot .22 . All balloons deceased ! I could not have had a better afternoon anywhere for any price !

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
You are quite the character ,Joe ! What a shame the kids grow up so fast . Thanks for keeping the lad on track !!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
great story.
never thought of using balloons as targets on the ground.
great if a light breeze "made" them walk around.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.99 cents a bag at the dollar store, perfect kid targets.
No mess for me as they get plowed under every spring!
Alot of fun for adults too !

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Awesome idea! Mines all grown up but my brother who lives out of state has a young one with more energy than I can keep up with (what am I going to do if I have grand kids) but that is a great idea!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts