The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some recent mounts mike did for some customers:

and <u>I</u> mounted this deer head for the cabelas mini competition. I watched mike all these years and decided to give it a try. I entered in the amature division and, in competition, you are not allowed any hands on help!!! So this is what I ended up with.

hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The fox looks great! Was it taken early on?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think the fox was this past winter (not sure). it had a lot of pewter (sp?) grey color on its face and chest. it made it look old. thanks for all the compliments everyone.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I know that form- that's a BIG red fox. Weighed 17-18 pounds, am I right?

Wife-to-mike-o, I think you are ready to work beside your hubby on whitetails. Very nice mount you did there. That there is NOT the work of a newbie. You have a good teacher though- your hubby! Speaking of things, how do you 2 do nose nodules? Esp the really small ones. I get pickier and pickier and take longer and longer working on deer mounts, and recently finished some up. The ones with larger nodules had the modge podge right in them real nice, but my goodness it is hard using the blade like tip of a modeling tool. Thinking of trying that applicator from Coomb's.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we use a little bottle with a metal tip that has a ball in it. it slow drips out as you tap the nose. the judge told me he uses a syringe that he snips the end off of to make the hole a little bit bigger. my nose looked better untill i started airbrushing it. (my first time using an airbrush)i ended up adding to much paint and then the clear fogged so i used spray paint clear over that and than it was just a flat muttled mess after all that!!!! i will practice the airbrush before i try again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts