The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kickin' it off Thursday night with Vancouver !!! It'll be a great day for hockey !!!

Be interesting to see how the early season pans out minus Sid. The pre-season games have gone well, pretty much.

Looks like Geno's head and knee have both been in the game at the same time. I'd like to see him have a healthy season. We've seen what incredible stuff he's capable of when he's healthy and not in a mental funk.

I'm looking for a breakout season for Kennedy. Really think the Pens need to consider making him some kind of 2nd tier franchise player. His hustle impresses the heck outta me.

So far I've got tickets for the Jackets in February. Hoping to get to a few other games, too.

<span style="color: #FFFF00">LET'S</span> <span style="color: #000000">GO</span> <span style="color: #FFFF00">PENS</span><span style="color: #000000"> !!!!!!!!!</span>

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Re: Penguins 2011 Season Thread !!!!!!

Another year of a lot of this:

that hopefully ends like this:

·
Registered
7,699 Posts

That would be GREAT !

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Engelland rules the roost !! That's for sure !!

Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley..........give us the brandy NOW !! We know it's coming anyhow .

·
Registered
12,798 Posts

Strut10 said:
Engelland rules the roost !! That's for sure !!

Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley..........give us the brandy NOW !! We know it's coming anyhow .
I just hope that Bylsma plays Engelland most of the time and sits one of the gutless wonders knows as Lovejoy and Niskanen instead.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts

With the way football season has been, I'm looking forward to some hockey.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

What is the point of this thread since you guys usually make a seperate thread for every single season game anyway?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts

I could tell you but since you're a flyers fan I won't. We got a secret handshake too.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

you find yourself doing stranger and stranger things the longer you've been in pittsburgh. its also irreversibly degenerative and masks itself as irrationality. its really quite sad :''''(

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

TSN Top 50 NHL Players

Rank Player Position Team
1. Sidney Crosby C Pittsburgh
2. Alexander Ovechkin LW Washington
3. Pavel Datsyuk C Detroit
4. Daniel Sedin LW Vancouver
5. Henrik Sedin C Vancouver
6. Steven Stamkos C Tampa Bay
7. Corey Perry RW Anaheim
8. Jonathan Toews C Chicago
9. Martin St. Louis RW Tampa Bay
10. Zdeno Chara D Boston
11. Shea Weber D Nashville
12. Nicklas Lidstrom D Detroit
13. Ryan Getzlaf C Anaheim
14. Tim Thomas G Boston
15. Henrik Zetterberg C Detroit
16. Ryan Kesler C Vancouver
17. Eric Staal C Carolina
18. Jarome Iginla RW Calgary
19. Brad Richards C Rangers
20. Rick Nash LW Columbus
21. Anze Kopitar C Los Angeles
22. Evgeny Malkin C Pittsburgh
23. Drew Doughty D Los Angeles
24. Patrick Kane RW Chicago
25. Claude Giroux C Philadelphia
26. Zach Parise LW New Jersey
27. Duncan Keith D Chicago
28. Pekka Rinne G Nashville
29. Joe Thornton C San Jose
30. Carey Price G Montreal
31. Chris Pronger D Philadelphia
32. Ilya Kovalchuk LW New Jersey
33. Bobby Ryan LW Anaheim
34. Henrik Lundqvist G Rangers
35. Patrick Sharp C Chicago
36. Ryan Miller G Buffalo
37. Danny Briere C Philadelphia
38. Mike Richards C Los Angeles
39. Patrick Marleau LW San Jose
40. Keith Yandle D Phoenix
41. Roberto Luongo G Vancouver
42. Loui Eriksson RW Dallas
43. Ryan Suter D Nashville
44. Jeff Carter C Columbus
45. Matt Duchene C Colorado
46. Marian Hossa RW Chicago
47. Tyler Myers D Buffalo
48. Nicklas Backstrom C Washington
49. Dan Boyle D San Jose
50. Jeff Skinner LW Carolina
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=49958

What? 22... Prove them wrong Geno !!!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts

Ok guys...the gloves are off..the Philthies have invaded our thread..they drew first blood..it is ON!!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

Flyers have more players on that list than pittsburgh. I thought that was worth noting.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts

Dan Castle said:
you find yourself doing stranger and stranger things the longer you've been in pittsburgh. its also irreversibly degenerative and masks itself as irrationality. its really quite sad :''''(

Nothing could ever be more strange than being a flyer fan. Truly shows a depravity of the mind and lack of coherentness.

And Phase, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Try to be a little more creative. The whole pacifier and "Crysby" things are realy ameaturish, bush league stuff and show a lack of initiative and intelligence on your part.

Please do try harder next time. I for one enjoy and respect a well thought out diss and I think you'll find my feelings are shared by all involved.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Dan Castle said:
Flyers have more players on that list than pittsburgh. I thought that was worth noting.
And all of them put together don't add up to enough skill to carry Sid's used jock to the wash.

I guess what I saw on the news about the failures of the Philadelphia schools not turning out kids that could read was true.

For those of you east of the Susquehanna........"Penguins 2011 Season Thread !!!!!!" means Cryers fans need not apply.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

P.S. Malkin down at #22 is a joke......... and he's still higher up the list than the first Cryer.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Buckethead said:
Dan Castle said:

Nothing could ever be more strange than being a flyer fan. Truly shows a depravity of the mind and lack of coherentness.

And Phase, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Try to be a little more creative. The whole pacifier and "Crysby" things are realy ameaturish, bush league stuff and show a lack of initiative and intelligence on your part.

Please do try harder next time. I for one enjoy and respect a well thought out diss and I think you'll find my feelings are shared by all involved.
What have you come up with lately? Cryers? Philthies?

Oh, wow. That's thoughtfully creative.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Buckethead said:

Coming from fans that would boo the Pope, I thought the "Crysby" and pacifier thing showed good sportsmanship.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts

Strut10 said:
P.S. Malkin down at #22 is a joke......... and he's still higher up the list than the first Cryer.
Honestly, I don't think he deserves to be much higher on the list, based on what we have seen the past 2 seasons from him. I understand he was hurt, but it is what it is. I hope he feels insulted and sets out to be considered among the game's elite again, because we all know he has the talent to do it. I am certain that he is better than the Midget that plays on the Bolts, however.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Not convinced that anyone knew how hurt he was year before last.

When Geno's healthy there's darned few forwards in the NHL that have the hands and stick that he does. DARNED few.

I hope that's the Malkin that plays this year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts