The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
Have you ever archery hunted? What's your budget and how do you plan to hunt? Stand, ground, blind.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to archery hunt quite a bit. I have two kids-so cost is a consideration-I think both treestand and blind are options. Thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Cost wise, it's tough to beat the Parker Enforcer. $449.95 gets you a good bow with a lifetime warranty and we throw in 6 arrows and a rope cocker. The Tornado is still my favorite though. If you like the recurve style the Excalibur Axiom is a very good choice, but at 35 inches wide it isn't for everyone.

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
If cost is a consideration the Parker Enforcer is tough to beat. Less than $500 for the package and it will do everything you ask of it.

As for broadheads right now, Slick Tricks, Griz Tricks and G5 Strikers are shooting good in most crossbows.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks DPMS, what is in the package? I've heard conflicting stories about the crossbows-would the range be comparable to what I had been shooting with a compound? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Enforcer 160 shoots a 420 grain arrow at 305 f.p.s. at the barrel. It should compare to most of the compounds out there as far as range. Our package is the bow,quiver,Hawke map scope, six arrows and a rope cocker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts