The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot a PSE Copperhead which shoots very short bolts (setup by arrowhead). Last year I ruined bolts because they would go into the target ruining the veins. Any suggestions on a good target to prevent this.

Would any of the 3-D targets work?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Try a Spiderweb Target. It handles my Strykeforce arrows just fine and is easy to remove. Target points only though.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The block.....crossbow that is......pricey but last for many years...broadheads can be shot into it too!!!! ive had one for 8 years...just dont leave them outside in the rain.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I like the bag targets. Big Shot or Morrell work well. Two finger arrow removal and they last a long time. Target points only though.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
For my new Terminator I picked up a new (blemished) Rinehart 18-1 Target on ebay for $85 shipped. Takes field pts and broadheads. Love it.

I used to shoot my PSE Copperhead into a bag with very few problems. Field point only though.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
JetMaxx said:
For my new Terminator I picked up a new (blemished) Rinehart 18-1 Target on ebay for $85 shipped. Takes field pts and broadheads. Love it.
I will second the Rinehart for broadheads. Best target going that many have not heard of. They don't spend millions on advertising like the block.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dont get one of these targets. The arrows with broadheads are "extremely" hard to remove. In fact I've ruined a couple of arrows just getting them out. Never had anything so difficult. You have to lay it on it's side and put your knee down on the target, pull all your might and it "might" come out. Tried everything from coating arrows and heads, arrow pullers, etc. Nothing really helps. I'm shoting Sonics and they should not be that hard to remove. Needless to say it's not getting much use from me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
In PA, are you allowed to use mechanical broadheads?
If so, you can practice with regular fieldpoints (same weight).
I use a feed bag tightly stuffed with plastic bags and FP bolts never go trhough.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can use mechanicals in PA, but I'm reluctant with the SF for fear of them opening up. I have shot some Spitfires in mine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I guess it really pays to post. Ralph at American Whitetail Targets just contacted me this evening and indicated that some of the foam used in my target was probably the wrong density. So, to make up for it he's going to send me a new Hyper Target to try out at no charge, which is pretty nice. Supposedly you can use both field tips and broadheads with this one. I'll post the results here after I try it out.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just got the camp350, not good for field tips, works good on my bh's. but I lost one insert in the target, I would buy another.
Stant

·
Registered
12 Posts
+1 for American Whitetail. I have a Hybrid King target and absolutely love it!! Stops field points in 10 inches, b-heads in 8. A little silicone spray on the shafts and removal is a breeze!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts