The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some medical reasons If I want to archery hunt I'm going to have to buy a crossbow. Any good suggestions on a good 1 that won't break my bank in the proccess?

·
Super Moderator
23,760 Posts
Parker enforcer from Arrowhead.

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
I will assume since you did not put a dollar range in there that you want something for under $500.

I would opt for the Parker Enforcer Package.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dpms said:
I will assume since you did not put a dollar range in there that you want something for under $500.

I would opt for the Parker Enforcer Package.
I'd like to keep it under $700.00

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Well that opens it up a bit.
Really like the Parker Tornado and the Excalibur Exocet/Vortex in that range.

Both are much different designs that have the advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
10 point Titan XLT... Woody's Sporting Goods in Wernersville, Pa has a kit for $699.00. Includes Crossbow, bolts, quiver, and scope. Really nice set up!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
My personal favorite is the Parker Tornado. $699.95 includes quiver, scope, one dozen arrows and a rope cocker and one of the best warranties in the business.

The XLT is the Turbo XLT. I can sell the Ten point Titan HLX as low as $599 in the package and the Excalibur Exocet for $529.99 with out the package.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would recommend the excalibur vortex, it is a simple design thats very effective. The thing that I like about the vortex the most is the ease and cost of putting my own string on the xbow. I originally purchased a barnett predator xbow and it ate strings and cables for lunch (within about 1/2 archery season practicing often)...It was around $100 for new strings cables and install since I couldnt do it myseld... With the excal you can put a flemish fast flight string on yourself for $14 and about 5 minutes or less! The vortex is louder than the predator but trigger and overall feel of the vortex seems much better to me. The arrow travels so fast that I have never had a problem with a deer jumping the string out to my normal 30-35yard shot. Ultimately its up to you but with the excalibur you will get a lifetime of service out of it and you will be able to do the maintenance yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts