The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a compound hunter. I want to get my girlfriend a crossbow, well for both of us. I don't want any low end mainly
Because i believe in you get what you pay. I don't want to spend a fortune though, price rsnge $400-$800. I understand some crossbows are up in the $900 plus range. She will use the bow a good bit, I do see myself using it a good bit. Few properties I hunt require me to harvest a few doe every year, I believe it would be fun to harvest some with a crossbow. I would appreciate the help and suggestions!!! I have friends snd uncles that have tenpoint bows and I've shot them they seem pretty nice!

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
The Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge are good bows for compounds and Excalibur for recurves. Some of the Tenpoint and Excalibur models would be a little above your price range though especially by the time you get a complete package with arrows. Both companies have outstanding customer service. Even the "low-end" bows in these lines are quality products that will last for years. The ATA show will be in a couple of weeks and the new bows will be released. You may want to wait until after that. The best thing is to go somewhere where you can handle the different bows to see which ones "feel" the best.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I think we will see a very good selection of crossbows at the ATA show next week. Hang in there for a few more weeks and I think you will be amazed at the choices that are coming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts