The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

what are you using to carry your crossbow in and out of the field. I'm using a Quake sling on my Parker.. the problem is. 1. it doesn't balance right on my back. 2. my right side cables are getting chaffed rubbing against my coat (slung of left shoulder) looking into a pack pack style sling or actual center carry back pack any suggestions? Pros? Cons? Thnx. NR

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
I will be using the Tenzing Choice Shooter pack this fall. I used in in spring turkey season and really like its features. It has a center channel for carrying a crossbow complete with a buttstock sling and center tie downs. Top quality and has a built in rain fly. Not inexpensive though.

I got tired of carrying my crossbow on my shoulder and having one of the limbs banging off of brush and the other on my back while walking in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Could the Tenzing Choice Shooter pack connected to a climbing tree stand?

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Could the Tenzing Choice Shooter pack connected to a climbing tree stand?
You could probably use the shoulder straps to connect it to a stand for the walk in. It has a chest strap as well.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I use an adjustable sling does not rub or chaff the sting. Rides pretty good on my back. I use a fanny pack to carry what little stuff I carry in to my stands.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have one of these.
Game Winner® Bow Pack with Quiver | Academy

Its pretty good for a cheaper pack and it works with my crossbow. I almost never use it when in the woods though. I prefer to carry my crossbow ready to shoot. At least if its not dark when I am going in. I have taken a buck and a doe going into my stand. If I had the crossbow in my pack those would have never happened. Also its would be hard to carry a climber and the pack with the crossbow. I do carry a climber and my pack but the pack ends up getting carried over one shoulder.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I find it easier just to carry my crossbow...without the quiver attached...I mount the quiver on my sling pack...when I get to my stand I attach the quiver to the tree...I do carry a sling in my pack...just in case I have to drag a deer.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
My CamX came with a 2 point sling which I carry with the bow on my chest. On my other recurve bow I used a Claw sling on my shoulder. I also will use a Cabela's rifle/bow pack from time to time.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I will be using the Tenzing Choice Shooter pack this fall. I used in in spring turkey season and really like its features. It has a center channel for carrying a crossbow complete with a buttstock sling and center tie downs. Top quality and has a built in rain fly. Not inexpensive though.

I got tired of carrying my crossbow on my shoulder and having one of the limbs banging off of brush and the other on my back while walking in.
That's pretty nice. Does it have a built in water reservoir or is that extra?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I use a sling, but sometimes I carry it esp when I walk thru the areas where there maybe a bedded deer.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
I use a sling

·
Registered
6,101 Posts

FYI, they have this pack at Amazon for $170.00.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts

This pack is pretty nice it fits my crossbow perfectly and with the waist strap you hardly feel any weight. Can't wait to get out there tomorrow with all my new toys:grin2:

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
This pack is pretty nice it fits my crossbow perfectly and with the waist strap you hardly feel any weight. Can't wait to get out there tomorrow with all my new toys:grin2:
Great. I like mine as well. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts