The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been looking to buy a x-bow. i been looking at the ten point turbo xlt. just wanted to see what you all have say about different brands? thanks.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I swear by the Parkers. If I had to buy another xbow it would be a Parker or Excal. Just my opinion, but I think ten points are over priced.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
They are pricey, i shot last weekend with a guy who shot a ten point i think it was a phantom it was a nice bow and the guy could really shoot. as always go shoot some different bows and pick the one that fits you best

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
mossycamo said:
i been looking to buy a x-bow. i been looking at the ten point turbo xlt.
Sweet bow. Ten Point makes quality stuff and along with Parker and Excalibur got the best warranties and customer service in the industry.

If ya like it, buy it. You won't be disappointed. They are expensive though.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I love my Tenpoint Titan, their customer service is good as
well if you ever need it.

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
My best bud has shot his uncles ten point and my excal.He is a dyed in the wool archery hunter though.He said my excal is much more pleasing to shoot.You need to buy what makes you happy no matter the cost.You will get hooked and spend quite a bit of time with it.Oh and get victory arrows from Arrowhead.Two excals in this house by the way.My son could have had any crossbow out there.He chose an excal.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Try a few and see what feels best. I like my Ten Point Turbo, but you make like something else better.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
mossycamo said:
i been looking to buy a x-bow. i been looking at the ten point turbo xlt. just wanted to see what you all have say about different brands? thanks.
My thoughts on the Ten Point Turbo XLT -vs- Parker Tornado.

Both bows are very similar in the way they shoulder and feel. If you are using a cranking device the Ten Point has the best one. Shoooting the two bows in a side by side, the Ten Point is "pingy", where the Parker has a more solid feel at the shot.

Pingy- the noise and vibration felt and heard, coming from the foot stirrup and somewhere else. (not sure where)

Look closely at the warranty.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
as well as any recalls..........bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I have had my steath x2 for several years and would recommend that product anytime. I have had excellent service and great coustomer service as well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just purchased a new Parker Enforcer and ordered 1 dozen bolts from Arrowhead. Could not be happier. Very very accurate out to 40 which was a far as I would ever shoot. Light enough that I can hold it offhand very comfortably. This is my first, so I have nothing else to use as a benchmark, but I don't think you would be disappointed with A Parker.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Myself and my 2 bow huntin buds shootin cross bows now 1 has a ten pt. and 2 parker's. mine is parker and shoots great hawke scope red dots rage 100gr. the ten pt.er drops them just like my parker so can't knock it. I like my stock alittle more I like the trigger guard hate when trigger is just there....later

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i finally bought a crossbow. i got the parker buck-buster hp 175. this bow felt good while aiming it. got the the red hot high velocity crossbow arrows and the red hot deluxe roller rope cocker. got to shoot the bow and sight it in at the shop. now i just need to shoot it at 30 yds. kind of sad in a way of retiring my compound. my left shoulder just can't take it anymore. i remember the day of shooting a recurve bow in the 70s and then compounds came around. now here i am shooting a crossbow. good luck to you all this saturday.

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
Good choice on a proven performer.
Good luck to you as well this season.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Welcome to HPA Team Parker!!! Nice choice mossy!!!

Best of luck in the field.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. shot the bow tonight and what accuracy!shooting the muzzy mx3 and they shoot great. shot out to 40 yards and dead on. i probably will never shoot that far. but if mr big does not come in any closer, well then i might have to send a bolt to him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts