The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Here we go, countdown to a locked thread.

No regret, was never that dumb to be mislead.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
regret? I never regret buying any weapon. Love em all.
I have wished I'd bought a better model but have just sold and upgraded.
I use my x bow for around the yard. Ive taken it deer hunting a handful of times. Mostly windy days that I really wanted to hunt. Personally, hunting 20'+ high, and "decorating" the hang-ons drawing back isn't as challenging as it use to be. Its not much of an advantage. Esp due to the clumsy wingspan.

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
Glad I purchased one. I wasn't in favor of them at first but they are a lot of fun to shoot and they definitely have their place in our hunting community.

I do think there will be some changes to the archery season because of them but I'm fine with that also.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
No regret's for me. Personally I still use both a compound and a crossbow, just depends on what I feel like taking on any given day.

As long as you can block out the few "archers" who cant except the fact that a crossbow is just another tool used in the control of Pa's deer heard there should be no regrets. Ultimately if you dont like the crossbow there is nothing saying you cant go back to what you used before.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Ah yes, a tale of Cash, Cash inclusion and fairy tales.
The PGC got their wish, that wish came in the form of Ca$h. More cash from juicy infusions from the fabled Xbow Mfg's. And more cash from the converted "jealous" gun hunters in the form of "archery" stamp sales and revenue. Cash inclusions from all the "slush fund" capitol the XBow MFG's stashed in the pockets of the PGC to make sure it got passed. Then, have the NRA pile on and have a spin (Even $Hillary would be proud of) that no inclusion of a weapon that was included in just about every other state would be biased. And the fairy tales spun on the "herd management tools" and how it would not make a dent in the over all harvests.

Yup, it is all so clear, as if it was yesterday but in fact it was years ago. But alas boys and girls it is a moot point as the battle for Pa. was fought and the bowhunters of Pa. lost. Cash and capitalism within the PGC ranks got their juicy infusion of Ca$h and the Xbow MFG's got their inclusion. It all worked out, gun hunters can not claim archers shoot all the deer (which was never the case before) and now they get to buy an "archery" stamp and shoot all the deer they claimed we did every year...Yup good times.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Yeah, and as a side note if they were going to "stick" it to all the archers by the inclusion, they could have given us Sunday Hunting to ease the pain of a Ca$h defeat. And, yes Ca$h was what made all the difference, never let anyone fool you. Just look inside page 9 of the new 2016 hunting and trapping reg's that come with your license. If you look closely you can see a picture of Gary Alt, smiling and pointing at you saying "doe harvests should have been done like this 20 years ago", but you guys hated me.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I bought one but it was mostly for family to use. I don't like it. While it is fast, deadly accurate and powerful, I just don't like carrying it or the fact that you are limited in shooting space with an xbow. I bought a new compound over the winter and will hunt with that from now on.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
wow, somebody is bitter.....sheesh

SRA-5C+ said:
Yeah, and as a side note if they were going to "stick" it to all the archers by the inclusion, they could have given us Sunday Hunting to ease the pain of a Ca$h defeat. And, yes Ca$h was what made all the difference, never let anyone fool you. Just look inside page 9 of the new 2016 hunting and trapping reg's that come with your license. If you look closely you can see a picture of Gary Alt, smiling and pointing at you saying "doe harvests should have been done like this 20 years ago", but you guys hated me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes, I regret getting the crossbow. Absolutely no fun shooting it the yard. But it is an effective hunting tool.

·
Registered
19,276 Posts
No regrets. I enjoy hunting in all seasons with all weapons.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
No regrets....... never even crossed my mind to ever buy one. They have absolutely no place in my style of hunting......

1 - 20 of 72 Posts