The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ten-Point recurve crossbow. Is it necessary to purchase a press, or can I use the rope one I have for my compound?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
If you got the recurve limb you might be okay,if you got the compound type You better get a press,you could get hurt not using the right tool.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Press
Big Ken,I'am getting my sites mixed up. I did see another one that looked like red scissors When I find that one I'll post it for you

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
$420 for that?......$5 worth of tube steel, a crank and four casters...I better warm up the welder!

But I guess this is the great caviat to owning a crossbow with cams..You almost HAVE to have a press if you are doing a lot of shooting unless you like running to the bowshop for new servings every couple hundred shots.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
wildatheart said:
I have a Ten-Point recurve crossbow. Is it necessary to purchase a press, or can I use the rope one I have for my compound?
Ten Point has a stringing aid just like the Excalibur, only it's made of steel cable. I can get one for you if you want.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
There is a press for the Compound crossbows. It's the Rocky Mountain Turnbuckle Crossbow press.
The Turnbuckle Cross Bow Press can easily and safely compress strung or unstrung cross bows up to 300 lbs of draw weight with axle to axle lengths between 24" and 30". Works on solid or split limb crossbows. We have them for $94.99

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the Turnbuckle Press. Works great on my Horton. Got it at Cabella's on sale for about $70 last spring.

·
Registered
227 Posts
arrowhead said:
There is a press for the Compound crossbows. It's the Rocky Mountain Turnbuckle Crossbow press.
The Turnbuckle Cross Bow Press can easily and safely compress strung or unstrung cross bows up to 300 lbs of draw weight with axle to axle lengths between 24" and 30". Works on solid or split limb crossbows. We have them for $94.99
Arrowhead,
Will this press work on a Parker Tornado? Have you used one?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The limbs of the Tornado aren't wide enough to fit this press. The Tornado is 21.75 inches axle to axle, the press works with 24-30 inches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts