The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The Simms labs limbsaver crossbow kit worked very well on mu Horton XL 175. I used regular cats wiskers string silencers and also put a piece of shrink tubing on the arrow holder in addition to the limbsaver thing that goes on it.

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
Funny you ask. I have been hearing alot of good reports about the new BowJax crossbow kit. I picked one up tonight and installed it on my Excal Vortex. Took a couple shots in the garage just to try it out. I must say that i did feel a significant reduction in vibration and less of a "twang"(you excal shooters know what I mean).

The kit includes 2 limb dampeners, 4 string silencers and 1 bolt retention dampener. I did not like the rentention dampener on the Excal. Because the spring sits low against the rail on Excals, the dampener was rubbing on the arrow, which should slow it down a bit.

I need to get it outside and do some more shooting but my first impressions was that it helped.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
You can also try the STS system. The noise on the Excal is coming mostly from the string,arrow retention spring, foot stirrup and possibly a few other places. The STS system helps the most. Some rubber hose split in half and slipped over the foot stirrup will help too. We use some stick on dampners on the arrow retention spring too.

We don't use anything in the string. Anything you put in the string will slow it down.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
what bout some sticky backed felt on the top of the arrow holder on excal's that you get from craft stores....i can't hear my arrow holder vibrating with each shot, just the string hitting the STS....arrowhead you know anything bout excal's STS system they are making for there xbows.........bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I already have the limbsaver spring silencer and it helped but I still think its loud.Im gonna look into the sts systems you talked about. thanks again.

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
I have the STS on mine as well and it has helped.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
We use a Limbsaver #3410 insulator strip "cut to fit" for the arrow retention spring. It works good and takes care of the vibration.
The rumor is - Excalibur is working on a string stopper. At this point it's just a rumor. My feeling is, they will have one available next year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm wondering where do you find these STS systems? I have not seen these in cabelas or bass pro catalogs.

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
I got mine from Arrowhead. Better price too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts