The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the Tenpoint Shadow NXT. Does anyone have this and could tell me what you like and or dislike about it?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I don't own one but have shot and am quite familiar with most of the TenPoint product line. The shadow is a solid bow, reliable, made in the USA, and backed by excellent customer service. Fast, accurate, very narrow. As with most Tenpoints, they are on the heavier side. Some see the weight as a negative, others as a positive as it deadens some noise and vibration. Also, the super narrow bows like the NXT can eat center servings. If you shoot a lot, you may see this as a negative as it will need to be replaced more often than wider bows.

The new Viper and Vengeant 2020 Tenpoints now have a much better cocking mechanism that can be de-cocked, a much better trigger, and they have significantly reduced center serving wear.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't own one but have shot and am quite familiar with most of the TenPoint product line. The shadow is a solid bow, reliable, made in the USA, and backed by excellent customer service. Fast, accurate, very narrow. As with most Tenpoints, they are on the heavier side. Some see the weight as a negative, others as a positive as it deadens some noise and vibration. Also, the super narrow bows like the NXT can eat center servings. If you shoot a lot, you may see this as a negative as it will need to be replaced more often than wider bows.

The new Viper and Vengeant 2020 Tenpoints now have a much better cocking mechanism that can be de-cocked, a much better trigger, and they have significantly reduced center serving wear.
Thanks!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have the dealer exclusive shadow nxt. Shoots great, only down side I had was the rangemaster scope. Was not ( to my set of eyes) as clear as my Nikon bolt. Other than that it's an awesome crossbow. Balances well, the trigger pull is not heavy, I'm fine with the trigger pull.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the dealer exclusive shadow nxt. Shoots great, only down side I had was the rangemaster scope. Was not ( to my set of eyes) as clear as my Nikon bolt. Other than that it's an awesome crossbow. Balances well, the trigger pull is not heavy, I'm fine with the trigger pull.
Thanks. I bought it this afternoon. Need to throw the stirrup and scope on at some point to throw some bolts down range. I haven’t settled on bolts yet. I’m think about 410-450 grain bolts. Haven’t settled on a particular broadhead either. I figure I have plenty of time to figure it out.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I got 3 tenpoint pro elites with my crossbow. They weight 362 grains without a field tip or broadhead. You buy arrows make certain they come with the alpha nocks. I haven't shot the evo's. I'm fine with the pro elites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts