The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my wife an affordable crossbow....looking into the arrow precision inferno blitz crossbow...$223.00 shipped to the house with 4x32 scope,4 arrows, quiver rope cocker, and dipped in camo looks like a pretty good deal after only ever connecting on a few does during archery(plenty in rifle seasons past) and missing a monster buck this year with my recurve decieded to go the crossbow route I got myself a Wicked Ridge Warrior with 4x32 scope, just don't have time to practice with the mathews like I used to because of work...she wants in too she's got the fever so excited!..I got a new hunting buddy my wife!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i bought my wife a Parker Enforcer for xmas. 299.99 new on Ebay including shipping. Came with scope,I added a 1/2 doz arrows from Gander Mnt and ordered a rope cocker on Ebay also. Got about $350.00 in it done,Lifetime warranty !! Awesome shooting bow,lite and balanced well. I can pm you where I got it on Ebay if you like.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
JMO, Parker I think is comein out with 2012 model's now might get a good deal since older model's will or might go on sale, one note if goin with Parker JMO go with the Red Dot arrow's and new Knocks. The arrow's are the best WT. forward and tuffest out there. No X-bow is good if arrow's and broad heads are not top quality, oh heck might as well finish with 2 blade RAGE, Good Luck with what ever you get....later

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I came in here to tell you that get one you both like cause once you get one for someone, you want yourself....looks like you got that coverd already..HAPPY HUNTING to you and your Mrs.

I need to get my wife open days to hunt in 2012...anyone want to babysit and go to marching band competitions for us in early November???

+1 on the Enforcer, gave ours to my Pops this year, might have to buy another at that price, wwiting on the 2012s right now.

·
Registered
852 Posts
JoeyP,
I dont know where in SE PA you are but last time I was in French creek outfitters in Phoenixville they had a bunch of used compound bows and some used cross bows. I dont archery hunt so I cant say what they were and it was before Christmas but they may have something you can get for your wife.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No no I wouldnt trade her for a crossbow...a couple hundred acreas maybe...j/k...j/k..haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a Ten Point Stealth XLT a few months ago. This is not an affordable crossbow as it's about $1300 on up. I did buy the one that has the crank on it and the steady eddie. These items help me to be able to use it by myself, without my husband's help. I also added a sling to it because I have found that hiking through the woods w/ it is very cumbersome. I also use a hydration pack, but it is still difficult to carry. Does anyone have suggestions on carrying crossbows? I feel like I am useless after a short walk and my husband has a bow, so it's so much easier for him. He seems to feel like I don't want to hike or get out there, but it's just so difficult for me to carry the weight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts