The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember from last year that a crossbow could be used instead of a flintlock during the late flintlock season. This matters in 5C, where flintlock goes until 1/23, but archery ends sooner (I'm talking bucks here). Of course, I understand that one would need to have the ML tag.

I looked in the regs, and I don't see anything stating that crossbow=flintlock this year.

Not so important for me, as I filled my buck tag, but I was interested . Can anyone clarify?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
With crossbows becoming legal for everyone this year that reg was dropped. You have to have a archery license to use a crossbow in late aseason now.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Odd, so you can use a flinter in 5C until 1/23, but a bow or crossbow only until 1/9?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Rifle in part of 5C in till Jan. 23 for doe.Page 9 1/2 down page.Weapon restrictions are by county.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was under the impression one could use any "more primitive" tool in a given season. Like, anything in rifle. Bows in muzzle loader. Bows in flint lock.

How about a "bows only" area. I have some local areas that are bows only. I guess since it is a local township reg, I need to check with them as to the open season in those areas.

·
Registered
283 Posts
True. But they do open or close areas to hunting during a given season. I wonder if my local area will be open to bow hunting, as a "more primitive" tool during flintlock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts