The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys going to jump into the crossbow world for next achery season. My son decided he wants to hunt and I've been seriously looking at them for a few months. Working on a budget and have it narrowed down to the parker enforcer or the wicked ridge invader, shot them both yesterday and am leaning towards the wicked ridge. The wicked ridge comes with some arrows, sling, 6 bolt quiver,and scope. Parker for the same price dosent have the sling or arrows. Not sure on the quiver. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I bought my Parker Hornet Extreme from Arrowhead and I got a dozen arrows. The Enforcer from him, I think, comes with 6 arrows.

I use the sling from my rifle.

It also came with the roller rope cocker and quiver.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dutch didnt know arrowhead carried wicked ridge. When the time comes I'll get in touch with him

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Like many on here, I found him a pleasure to deal with. Took some advice DPMS gave me, then ordered thru Arrowhead. Two days later, had the CB, assembled it, and the first shot was about dead center.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I just sent arrowhead a PM so will see what he has to offer and has to say. Would much rather buy it from someone I can talk to if I should have a problem

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
The nice thing about Arrowhead (Mike) is that he gives you good advice and will tell you his honest opinion. He does alot of testing with different bows, arrows, heads, etc. He won't tell you something is good just to sell you something. I will be buying another one from him this Spring.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought my wife a Parker Enforcer for xmas. I am VERY impressed with it compaired to my Barnett Quad 400. Not as fast but much more balanced,smooth shooting. Great bow for her that maybe I will borrow a time or two !!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can only add my two cents. I owned an Excalibur before I even saw this site and was introduced to Arrowhead (Mike). I purchased a dozen FOC bolts from Mike last year (in black and gold for my Steelers) and super service.
Well, you may have seen the Excalibur commercial where they run a CB over, 4 wheel drive of crossbows! It is true. Had mine leaning up against the wifes car. Fully cocked. It got run over twice. Quiver in pieces and a few scratches on the Vortex and scope.
I reviewed the situation with Mike and we agreed that if the limbs were solid I could give it a try. They are, no cracks just abrasion. I sanded everything to clean it up and it is sighted in perfect again after a couple of scope adjustments. Almost robin hooded two arrows at 40 yds today.
The important thing is that Mike said he would handle a warranty claim if I had a problem and he would work with Excal to get me squared up. And I didn't even buy the bow from him. But you can bet I will buy the next one from him. He is fair and you can have piece of mind that everything is on the up and up.
BTW, check out his quiver mount for crossbows. I added this as a replacement for my shattered Excal and it keeps the arrows to the side and above the scope, out of the way of your support hand and arms. pretty slick.

Anyways, thanks Mike. I don't think you can go wrong working with him.

Dean

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup just talked with Mike via PM and, he has some real good deals so I have a few more questions but it's definitely going to be bought from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts