The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Held one at LAS yesterday, nice xbow but a little heavy. Another post mentioned the trigger, while I did not shoot it the trigger was odd in that it had a long springy type pull. Very different from other crossbows I've shot.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I'm between the crosman sniper, pse fang and parker challenger for my daughter. I swore I would never buy a crossbow but the sniper may work for the both of us since it has an adjustable stock. I held a fang this afternoon and think it would be way too long for her. I stopped at the closest Dunhams and they did not have the sniper. I would like to actually hold one before I order.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally received mine, 1 inch group at 35 yards off bags,
My sister could not load it, long rope pull. Very impressed with quality of the bow. Trigger is a little long but not bad if you just squeeze. 350 fps with my 420 gr arrows.
I like it, but like everything else cars, trucks etc. You mite not, I would give it a 9 out of 10.
Good luck Stant

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Glad you like it. I ended up ordering one sight unseen after reading several positive reviews. It is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

Update....saw Dunham's ad this morning and they have the Sniper on sale for $249 today and tomorrow? I had a picnic on the other side of Pittsburgh so I stopped and bought one at the Monroeville store. I guess I'll be returning the one I ordered from Gander Mountain when it arrives on Tuesday (paid $299 through G.M.)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Shot it a few times with the bolts that came with it and they did ok. Ordered some black eagle executioners and they shoot a lot better. Only shot out to 30yds but definitely had to aim at different spots to not ruin the bolts. Being this is the only crossbow I've ever shot I have nothing to compare it to but am happy with it, especially at $249. The trigger is a little long, almost like shooting a revolver, but I'm sure I will get used to it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
glock3540 said:
I'm between the crosman sniper, pse fang and parker challenger for my daughter. I swore I would never buy a crossbow but the sniper may work for the both of us since it has an adjustable stock. I held a fang this afternoon and think it would be way too long for her. I stopped at the closest Dunhams and they did not have the sniper. I would like to actually hold one before I order.
I bought my Daughter a Parker Challenger. Great Crossbow. I use it myself. Lightweight and pretty powerful. Wouldn't look at anything else. Lifetime warranty too.

·
Registered
9,735 Posts
I researched and found out they are made in China.Supposed to be pretty good quality compared to typical Chinese workmanship.But I think I,d rather spend a little more and get a bow that I can send back directly to the manufacturer if problems arrive and not deal with a 3 rd party flunky.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would agree with you if I were 55 years or younger, But at 73 I cannot justify the price of the brand names, I got mine for around $250 and it shoots better than my friends $500+ bow. So I can get 2 for the price of one,

Best of luck to all the hunters on here, Stant

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm gonna go try to pick one up next sat. It'll be my first xbow so we'lol see how it goes. I didn't know dunhams carried them I'll have to check there. My local GM is backordered till the 21st

1 - 20 of 33 Posts