The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KDKA is reporting that Crosby did not make the team flight to Philadelphia and is meeting with doctors about lingering effects from his concussion.

·
20,126 Posts
The only excuse you hear from this Pens fan is that Crosby is the biggest 'skirt' in the league right now. He's one step away from a women but I would be disrespecting women by putting him at their toughness level. The dude is a porcelin doll, just ride off into the sunset already and be done with it. Put us out of our misery cause you are NEVER EVER EVER going to be healthy and even when you are you're a baby about it. Toughen up dude! Not the biggest fan right now but I'll calm down and feel better in the morning
Sorry for the frustrated rant.

I mean really!? the alert I got was that he was being held out for precautionary measures after a hard hit against Boston. Let's just bench him till the playoffs!!

·
20,126 Posts
The fact that he still has the "C" on his jersey get's to me too. That should be Orpik or Fluery's. You gotta play to earn that puppy!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
The fact that he still has the "C" on his jersey get's to me too. That should be Orpik or Fluery's. You gotta play to earn that puppy!
Goalies may not be official on ice captains or co-captains. I believe this is the Durnan rule, it happened back in the 40's because a goalie captain kept leaving the crease to speak to officials.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
The only excuse you hear from this Pens fan is that Crosby is the biggest 'skirt' in the league right now. He's one step away from a women but I would be disrespecting women by putting him at their toughness level. The dude is a porcelin doll, just ride off into the sunset already and be done with it. Put us out of our misery cause you are NEVER EVER EVER going to be healthy and even when you are you're a baby about it. Toughen up dude! Not the biggest fan right now but I'll calm down and feel better in the morning

I mean really!? the alert I got was that he was being held out for precautionary measures after a hard hit against Boston. Let's just bench him till the playoffs!!
He didnt get the nickname Crybaby Crosby for nuttin

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
If any of you liberty city girls took half the hits Crosby took you'd be at home still wrapped in your blankies asking yer mothers if Santa's real.

We don't need the "Kid" to spank yer sorry azzes.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Trout 2003 said:

Wow,not holding back,huh?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
penguin fans like to wear their feelings close to the surface, dontcha know. i'd imagine some women find that either attractive or admirable.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Its quite apparent from most of these post that you guys have some hands on experience with head injuries, concussions and the likes, so I guess short term memory loss is something you've just learned to live with, long term.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
i was looking forward to seeing him.
hope he gets his head together and keeps the little rivalry going.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Dan Castle said:
penguin fans like to wear their feelings close to the surface, dontcha know. i'd imagine some women find that either attractive or admirable.
Are you saying women, are some thing you find unattractive or admirable, thats should not surprise many I'd guess.

Not that theres any thing wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
that was probably the dumbest post I've read on here in quite some time. the sports sections not for everybody, it requires upper level reasoning skills.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Your residents in the ghetto city of Philadelphia certainly makes me question your reasoning ability at any level.

Not sure if You realize this but unless you are incarcerated there, you are free to leave.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
SuperX2Nut said:
Goalies may not be official on ice captains or co-captains. I believe this is the Durnan rule, it happened back in the 40's because a goalie captain kept leaving the crease to speak to officials.
I don't think that is the case any longer. Roberto Luongo was the Captain for the Canucks until he gave it up.

Dan Castle said:
Dan, us Brit owners are sensative by nature. You know that.

I'll be securing a great dart victory Thursday then headed to camp Friday right after work. If I don't get a chance to check in I'll just say...

Ha! Told you we didn't need Crosby to beat the Flyers.

Or....

CRAP! It really hurt not having Sid out there tonight!

Bases covered, whichever the case may be.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Buckethead said:
Dan Castle said:
sensitive? there was a grouse in my driveway the other day as I was leaving for class, chomping on a beech nut, as if to taunt me. I almost cried! almost.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Buckethead said:
SuperX2Nut said:
I don't think that is the case any longer. Roberto Luongo was the Captain for the Canucks until he gave it up.

Dan Castle said:

I'll be securing a great dart victory Thursday then headed to camp Friday right after work. If I don't get a chance to check in I'll just say...

Ha! Told you we didn't need Crosby to beat the Flyers.

Or....

CRAP! It really hurt not having Sid out there tonight!

Bases covered, whichever the case may be.
Buckethead, You are correct that Luongo was in fact a captain. However, once on the ice, he was no longer a captain. He gave his duties to another player.

From Wikipedia

On September 30, 2008, prior to the start of the 2008–09 season, Vancouver Canucks general manager Mike Gillis and head coach Alain Vigneault named Luongo the 12th captain in team history, replacing the departed Markus Näslund.[5] The decision was unconventional, as league rules forbid goaltenders from being captains.[77] As such, Luongo became only the seventh goaltender in NHL history to be named a captain, and the first since Bill Durnan captained the Montreal Canadiens in 1947–48 (after whom the league implemented the rule).[5] In order to account for the league rule, Luongo did not perform any of the on-ice duties reserved for captains and did not wear the captain's "C" on his jersey. During his first season as captain, he had a small "C" painted on the chin of his mask.[78] Canucks defenceman Willie Mitchell was designated to handle communications with on-ice officials, while defenceman Mattias Öhlund was responsible for ceremonial faceoffs and other such formalities associated with captaincy.[5] Centre Ryan Kesler was chosen along with Mitchell and Öhlund as the third alternate captain.[5]

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Can anything else go wrong with the Pens this year
It`s like a bad hangover from last year!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts