The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sidney Crosby joins Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky to become only the third hockey player in history to win the Hart Trophy, the Conn Smythe Trophy, and MVP at the Canada Cup or World Cup of Hockey.

He's a Stanley Cup Champion, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and World Cup Champion. To top it all off, he captained the teams at every level. He is undoubtedly THE best hockey player in the world at the present time.

Congrats #87!!!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Not sure who started that Giroux is the best thing, but whoever it was, not many Philly guys, including myself, think he is.....He's decent, but not great in my eyes.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
"I've won everything." -Sidney Crosby

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
dmccoy1 said:
Not sure who started that Giroux is the best thing, but whoever it was, not many Philly guys, including myself, think he is.....He's decent, but not great in my eyes.
I actually think it was a Philly sports writer during the 2012 playoffs. He went on and on in a writeup about Philly winning game 6 and went as far as saying that on that opening shift of the game, when Giroux planted Crosby on his butt, he had surpassed Sid as the greatest hockey player on the planet...

Funny stuff!

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
dmccoy1 said:
I actually think it was a Philly sports writer during the 2012 playoffs. He went on and on in a writeup about Philly winning game 6 and went as far as saying that on that opening shift of the game, when Giroux planted Crosby on his butt, he had surpassed Sid as the greatest hockey player on the planet...

Funny stuff!
Coach Lav called him that too, "When the best player in the world wants the puck, you get it too him" or some other such nonsense.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Sid is among the elite in the NHL. Anyone that says any different ain't been paying attention.

I have said it before, if he played in Philthy, the Rocky statue would come down lickity split and his would go up simple.

·
4,228 Posts
He also won and Emmy award for "There's no Place like Home with Sidney Crosby.”

The Penguins produced the program. The Emmy came in the “sports program one-time special” category.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
I'm still waiting for the "Kunitz Was There" TV special...
I think there's a 6 part mini series in the works.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
No legit flyers fan ever thought Giroux was better than Crosby. I don't even put Giroux in the superstar category. Star category maybe. Kopitar's line shut down Giroux, Simmonds, Raffl Friday night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts