The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this ad while looking for a chessie pup nothing fishy going on here at all

Looking To Buy Akc Papers From Your Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Do you have Chesapeake Bay Retriever that passed away. Do you still have her papers? would you like to make money off the papers? Email me asap We have a akc reg female that we have lost the papers too and would like to buy your papers.

·
Super Moderator
12,910 Posts
Report it to AKC. I am sure they would love to bar that person...they either want to sell registered pups or enter a field trial or something and can't...either way not far to the breed and registry and everyone that will be cheated

If they lost papers that's easy to take care of...my guess is they never had papers...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
20guage,
All my dogs have tracable proven linage and paper work,
unlike the US Senate we demand absolute proof that our dogs are US born, made in America, don't ya know.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Kuvats,
I understand your frustration, remember however in this country you can breed your own animals any way you want,
AKC only controls and writes rules for its own club.
I hate this kind of stuff, it undermines good breed lines,
that is for darn sure, however we do not have Breed Wardens in this country, US dogs are not controlled by the government and a club Breed Warden.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Exactly, selling dogs with fraudulent papers in order to get more money for for the pups is a crime. It is analogous to selling a vehicle with the odometer rolled back. If a pedigree doesn't mean anything to a person, they can buy a dog without papers, however, when a person pays for a pedigree, which substantially raises the price of a dog, they deserve to get legitimate papers, not some dummied up fake pedigree. The right thing was done in reporting it to the kennel club, perhaps you will prevent someone from being duped.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Pine-Creek said:
Kuvats,
I understand your frustration, remember however in this country you can breed your own animals any way you want,
AKC only controls and writes rules for its own club.
I hate this kind of stuff, it undermines good breed lines,
that is for darn sure, however we do not have Breed Wardens in this country, US dogs are not controlled by the government and a club Breed Warden.
Pine Creek/Dave
A little off topic, but Drahthaars are controlled by a breed warden and registration numbers in the form of tattoos.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
A good friend of mine is working with a group breeding Chessi Fusics(sp) which look like griffon's but were developed in Czechoslovakia. There is a board that decides who breeds their dogs and from what litter you may buy a pup.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Field Dog Stud Book requires all dogs winning a championship to have their DNA on record to prevent fraud. I believe the AKC has begun doing the same.

Shady people around for sure!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Gentlemen,
I was not condoning this fraud, simply pointing out the difference in animal control. Unfortunately this goes on a lot more than people might believe.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I debated on sending the info to AKC or not I know its done heck ya cant throw a rock without it hitting a designer dog ad I just feel a little better sending it in. Someone thats that bold in an ad to defraud someone needs to be reported

·
Registered
59 Posts
After Akc litter registation then each puppy gets a litter reg form

this form is completed by the breeder, on the form there is a box that can be checked off thats states any breedings of this dog will not be reconized by the AKC.

Any good breeder always checks this box off , Why because we care and any good breeder does not take the subject of breeding litly

the only time this box is not checked is if the breeder and seller have a written agreement on the breeder having control over a said breeding after all other agreements are upheld by the buyer.

Also there is a pretty strict guidline on the transfering of dogs, there are forms that have to be filled out and they are checked by the AKC for fraud acts such as these.

and lastly this is serious crime not in the sense of the dog question but these are documents ,every State has laws on false documentation the average jail term per state is about 7 yrs some states are 5 yrs some are 10yrs.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
This stuff when caught will resuit in the suspension from the AKC and the people will not be able to register any dogs for quite some time and maybe life.
I had a kennel owner stop here when I had sime pups from a golden retriever that got mixed up with a yellow greman shepard. Cute pups and he wanted to buy the whole litter. He said her had goldens at the kennel and would be able to put papers on the pups. He did not get them and I let alot of folks to stay away from him. Heard several years later that he had his privileges suspended by the AKC for life.

·
Super Moderator
12,910 Posts
Good job reporting it!

I only deal with UKC..but I am sure AKC will be glad to know of it and likely bar the person...once barred they loose their rights to enter hunts, trials, shows etc, can't breed registered litters etc..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank you, Kuvats! It happens more that we'd like to think though I have reservations whether or not the AKC can or will act upon it. Just like breeders with liver and white sire and dam GSPs producing solid liver or (with) black GSPs.

Deb Orpen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.