The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Yep, voles for sure. You can get rid of them by pouring stale human urine mized with glycerine and cut hair from any barbershop in a few of them mounds. Open up a few of them mounds and pour in the mixture then recover. The vole (moles too) will get that stuff on them and they will vacate the area. Or, invite a cat into your back yard for a snack.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Those bricks can be hard to control once you get an infestation. I've seen cases where the entire house was covered.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
They are crayfish,i have them all over my property.The wetter it is the more crabs you will have.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
They are crayfish,i have them all over my property.The wetter it is the more crayfish you will have.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Voles are migrating North this time of the year, by this time next week they should have worked there way at least 2 zip codes north of your place.
No real need for concern yet as they are not seeking Summer residency yet.
In about 2 weeks you should start monitering your yard from 1am to 3:45am....this is the peak time for the male vole to perform the mateing dance ritual. If he finds a suitable partner, they may choose residency in your yard.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
buzz said:
....this is the peak time for the male vole to perform the mateing dance ritual.
Caught this on my trail camera last night. They are quite the romantics....

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Yea, a bluebird. You must have noticed the feathers fluttering in the soft starlit breeze.

<span style="font-size: 8pt"><span style="color: #33CCFF">[you musta missed the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">twain</span> bwain line]</span></span>

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 26pt"> <span style="color: #33CCFF">NOTIFY </span> </span></span>

·
Banned
3,632 Posts

ERROR #73:

The "Ignore This User" button has been disabled for this member. Please conact your system administrator for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts