The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Hmmmmm.....I have a set of those on a 1911 that I own. Now, on my 1911 there is a switch that you an turn off the lazer.

I guess then next obvious question would be if you have the lazer sights turned off, it would seem that would be legal?

Yes? No?

Dave

·
Registered
79 Posts
I read the book and it seems to me that you cant use the sight. As far as it beeing on the gun? If you cant have the sight on your gun Maybe you cant have a flashlight in your pocket while hunting either...

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I wouldn't think they would be legal. I don't really think you would have any issues though unless there were problems, and someone was really looking.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is why I asked the question. It still has regular sights that are on. Any WCO's care to comment and let me know please.

·
Registered
957 Posts
the best way to be safe about it ... if you have no desire to use them for hunting is take the batteries out of it... if they are non functioning there is nothing that can be said.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
That's a good idea. I'd have to actually read my directions as to how to take out the batteries. I've never done that.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
DaveT said:
Hmmmmm.....I have a set of those on a 1911 that I own. Now, on my 1911 there is a switch that you an turn off the lazer.

I guess then next obvious question would be if you have the lazer sights turned off, it would seem that would be legal?

Yes? No?

Dave

1911 = 45 semi ?

what were you planning on hunting ? maybe out of state ?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
No, I know you can't hunt with a 1911. I just was sayin I have a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips on it. Just like the Revolver.

So....I was speaking about the Laser Grips......Try and keep up now.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts