·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Spend the extra $80 and get the Savage Cub .22lr

Single shot...T-hole stock...with accu-trigger....GREAT kid setup

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
But its for a trap line so save the cash and get the circkett - I have one and love it, got it used. My buddy also has one and uses it for coon hunting.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have one for my son and nephew I also have a match grade crickett pistol for my self. They are great for the money I can shoot thumbtacks at 20 yards with a red dot that aint bad for under $100

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Cricket is made in Milton, Pa. Northumberland County.
They are opening a store real soon... south of Milton, north of Northumberland on Rt. 147.
Cricket purchased Mertz's Gun Shop if'n you know where that is...

·
Registered
25,982 Posts
Go past Mertz's on the way to I-180, going to camp. Wondered what was going on there, noticed it's being remodeled when I went past over Labor Day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a Cricket for my son. He's 7 and hasn't bagged something yet, but that's no fault of the rifle. ;-) It's a nice little setup for him and he LOVES it. I don't have experience with the Chipmunk so can't compare but compared to the Youth models of the Rossi and others it is a LOT lighter and while he couldn't support the weight of any of the other youth models. I also like the fact that it's a PA rifle. For trap lines, however, it seems that any old .22, rifle or pistol, would be fine.

·
Registered
25,982 Posts
Hern, when I came past today, there's a sign that says Little Sportsman's Shop opening soon. Notice they now have about a zillion foot handicap access ramp on the place.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Last 2 times I was at the range kids using their crickets where having trouble with them jamming.After firing having to use a key or knife to get the spent cartridge out of the gun.

One gun was almost brand new or was brand new so thought maybe a break in period? The other shooters gun wasnt used much either but both had exact same issues.Just thought I'd toss it out there for what its worth.Take care,Paul...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.