The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the creel limits.But do you think that all anglers have to account for their catch.Reason I,m postin this is my son was fishin with some friends on the opener and when some of his friends caught fish they just put them in 1 large bucket so they could be cleaned and cooked for lunch.Now my son is a junior but there was also mostly adult friends of ours that took him campin with them.They were campin in a highly packed area that is usually patrolled.They all adhered to the rules and none of them reached their limit.But I was wonderin if they were in violation and if each f/man would have to be able to account for each ones catch when they would have around a dozen or more in the bucket.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
attackone said:
you cant share a stringer, so im sure you cant share a bucket
Pretty much straight forward. Every person has to have their own container, basket, stringer, etc. I do believe that two people can share a livewell if they have a partition.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
No sharing! They count towards each person's limit if you put them in one "creel" or on one stringer. My FIL found that out a couple years ago and it cost them $75/fish for each one over 5 between the 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
This is a law that I never understood. If there are two licensed individuals fishing, and they have ten fish between them, why on earth does it matter WHICH individual caught them? Whether one of them catches 8 and one catches 2, or both catch 5, they still only have caught 10 fish for two licenses. I guess I just can't see the problem. Anyone else able to shed some light on this for me?

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
psychobeagle12 said:
This is a law that I never understood. If there are two licensed individuals fishing, and they have ten fish between them, why on earth does it matter WHICH individual caught them? Whether one of them catches 8 and one catches 2, or both catch 5, they still only have caught 10 fish for two licenses. I guess I just can't see the problem. Anyone else able to shed some light on this for me?
Seems pretty simple to me. One person isn't allowed to keep 8 trout. If four hunters are on their way out of the woods and they each have one deer, is it ok that one person killed all four and the other three just tagged them? Same principle.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
quackmaster4 said:
psychobeagle12 said:
Seems pretty simple to me. One person isn't allowed to keep 8 trout. If four hunters are on their way out of the woods and they each have one deer, is it ok that one person killed all four and the other three just tagged them? Same principle.
Seen it happen before.

·
Registered
497 Posts
quackmaster4 said:
psychobeagle12 said:
I'd also add that I think both the PFBC and PGC want an environment where success or failure of a fisherman or hunter depends on their own skills rather than on someone elses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts