The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get out a couple weekends ago and do some fall smallmouth bass fishing. It was a gorgeous 65-70 degree October day. I had been doing a lot of largemouth fishing for the past few months, so I really wanted to get on some smallies. Creek fishing for bass is one of my favorite things to do.

On this day I hit one of my favorite stretches of stream. It is right upstream from the mouth on the Susquehanna River. It is loaded with smallies and you get your occasionally walleye as well. My lure of choice for the day was a 4 inch kietech swimbait on a jig head.

The fishing was slow at first, but it really started to pick up about an hour into the day. I ended up with about 2 dozen smallies and 1 walleye in about 4 hours of fishing. The walleye was bout 7 inches, and my gopro had died by then. Nothing in the means of monsters on this day but a few good 14-15 inchers. Really can't ask for much more out of a creek.

From here on out I think I'll be focusing on some trout, but man do I love smallmouth bass fishing. As always I wore my gopro. The audio is pretty rough thanks to the waterproof housing, but I have the link below for anyone interested in checking it out. Hope you guys enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNwY-5plG7Y

·
Registered
246 Posts
I do well on susky tribs as well. I'll mostly use 1/8th ball head jigs with 3 inch grubs. I like this setup because I can pull my hook loose several times before I need to change out jigheads. I usually drift them like a nymph but they have been hitting them hard lately.

Wish I could hook into so walleyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts