The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any decent spots to fish crappies in NEPA?? No doubt the most fun fishing around. I love to hit farm ponds if possible.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Gouldsboro State Park, shallow woody lake, electric only, trophy crappie regs! I loved fishing there when I lived in Gouldsboro!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm starting to hate those trophy crappie regs. I fish Sayer lake a lot and everything up there last summer was 8.75". Makes it hard when the kids are expecting a fish fry after a day on the lake, lol.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Same thing at Cross Creek Lake. I think they need to reevaluate the "pan fish enhancement" because it does not seem to be working, at least not for the crappie.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I fish cross creek a lot at this time of year for crappie and blue gill I'm on the fence with the panfish enhancement program. Some years I catch a lot over 10 inches and some years I don't. I fish other lakes that don't have the restrictions and roughly have the same results. I do think that it being a smaller lake and high fishing pressure does save some fish to grow. At least for the honest anglers. I've seen quite a few sub legal fish leave in buckets while fishing there. Not in any of mine.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Am I the only one that feels that the trophy Panfish regs leads to excess fish that deplete the forage fish leading to stunted growth.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
This is what you get if you get let them grow. We had 8 this day all about the same size.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts