The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking on line & didn't realize so many choices, gold,red,etc. colored hooks. Some sizes seemed to big. Just wondering what most people use.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Eagle claw circle hooks. Ive used gold and statndard. I don't think it made a difference.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I like to stay with #4>#1 on leadhead jigs. There are some occations fishing homemade (yup, bucktails just skinned and dried) 1/32oz & 1/16th oz bucktail jigs I fish in very shallow spawning areas under a float that I casted up using #6 hooks. All aberdeen jig hooks in bronze, gold or red (whichever was available when I purchased hooks for casting jigheads):smileys-fish-746921

When I used to fish live bait for them it was invariably #3261 Mustad Bronze Aberdeen in #4 size. You need a net for the ones over a pound.:smileys-fish-430558

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
When I used to fish live bait for them it was invariably #3261 Mustad Bronze Aberdeen in #4 size. You need a net for the ones over a pound.:smileys-fish-430558
:thumbs: My favorite crappie live bait hook!! The Aberdeen is much easier to get out because of the long shank.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
For most panfish a size 6 or 8 is good. I always used a Mustad bronze finish beak style. Works great with live bait.

Check out Terminal Tackle(below) as they have a great selection/prices on both fresh & saltwater hooks. Custom snelled are also available.

https://www.terminaltackleco.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts