The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that coyotes should have a closed season just like all of the other predators.. what makes them different from the other animals.. I mean fox and bear have a closed season so why cant coyotes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
For 1 that is not a good enough reason to try to change a game law...WHY do you think they should have a closed season, other than because other predators do?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Black_Yote said:
why should they have a season all year round??
Because they are to smart and would over populate. I hunt some in the spring around sheep farms but I would not shoot a female that has pups. Unless shes killing the sheep.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
I think fox season should be extended.
I would have to say take a look at the number of fox trapped in any part of Pa. and you will see trappers take a very very large % of fox. They would be extinct in 1 year.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I wish I lived out west and had good all year round coyote hunting we have turkey and deer pretty much here in Pa.. The small game here is mostly infested with fleas all sumer so you know there carring multiple diseases.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Black Yote, How many Coyotes in PA have you shot in your lifetime??

G

·
0 Posts
I don't hunt animals when the young are not weaned...ie. early groundhog hunting April/May. I don't judge others just a personal feeling.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm not at all saying that coyotes kill too many fawns, which although may be true. What i'm saying is that i agree with all year hunting them as compared to fox because they will do damage to livestock. This has happened numerous times around my area. So the people that disagree with me when i say they are a varmint/pest or nuisance or whatever, please explain to me how they are NOT A coyote is not a game animal and that is fact and they can be a nuisance

·
Registered
722 Posts
how many fox and bears do you see or hear of killing or harassing sheep and making horses run around until they get injured and possibly causing a fatality. If this happened to you, im pretty darn sure you would change your mind real quick. This has happened at least 5 times that i know of within 15 miles of my house within the last few years. They are a pest and that's all there is to it. I also know a guy that lost his beagle to 2 coyotes while out running rabbits. Is that reason enough??

1 - 20 of 57 Posts