The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that trap in the Bucks/Lehigh counties, I'm wondering how frequent coyotes are in this area now days? I live and hunt (do a little water trapping) in the area and have not seen any yotes but have heard that they are around. Climbing from the tree last week shortly after dark I heard some high pitched barking across the field. No one else around in this area so it made me think it might be a yote. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I live/trap on Berks Lehigh border. I notice that they seem more prevalent the closer you get to the Blue Mountains. They are in my immediate area, but not prevalent or pervasive yet. I had significant activity in my area two seasons ago, but have not seen any sign since then.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am perkasie/sellersville area and we had one visiting the back yard a year or so ago. Every morning for a couple weeks. I am right near grand view hospital. I see them dead on route 309 from quakertown to hilltown every year. As for trapping em, I stake for them and cross my fingers to get one but have yet to see one in my steel. I think there is a nice population in mid bucks from what I read but access to them is tough with everything private. Would love to know some tips or secrets of anyone that has had success in the Bucks co area

·
Registered
593 Posts
Been hearing they're around, and saw sign this year. Couple days ago had a fox all bit to heck, don't know how she wasn't dead. Then this morning I had a popped jaw 1.75 Victor, in a remake of a fox catch yesterday. Yote tracks all around and a little whitish fur. So, time for the bigger artillery. Read it every year where they move in on locations, and I feel I am becoming victim as well. Eastern Berks area.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I shot one late summer in eastern berks. Have one on camera twice in the last 2 weeks. In a few weeks I'll have them close to the house due to the goose carcasses I place in the field out back. Otherwise they tear my trash up to get at them. Fox,cats, and yotes. Very sppoky when i come out early morning for hunting and I hear then walking and howling.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Zrabfan30 said:
Been hearing they're around, and saw sign this year. Couple days ago had a fox all bit to heck, don't know how she wasn't dead. Then this morning I had a popped jaw 1.75 Victor, in a remake of a fox catch yesterday. Yote tracks all around and a little whitish fur. So, time for the bigger artillery. Read it every year where they move in on locations, and I feel I am becoming victim as well. Eastern Berks area.
I had a sprung bridger #2 this morning and another set torn up without digging up the trap. using homemade fox gland lure at one of the sets and a coyote gland lure at other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts