The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear coyotes out back pretty often. Sounds like thee are 3-5? I typically hear them in the same place, would that be a den? if not, why am I hearing them within 100 yards of the same place almost nightly? Since I hear them in the same area, are they somewhat patternable to kill? What's the best method to kill as many as I can? I've never targeted coyotes but have shot some will deer & turkey hunting. Also, I'm only seeing single does on my cams without fawns...

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
we have them around our neighborhood, but they don't seem as vocal as in some areas. Hear them only about once per year, despite the time I spend outdoors around the farm. I spent a week camping near Salmanca NY and it seemed like the coyotes would never shut up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like we'll hear them for 2-3 days then not for a day or two. Even hear them during the day sometimes.
Would sitting in the tree stand with some bait (gotta be some old meat in the bottom of the freezer) be a good move?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yeah, could still be close to the birth den or just a place where they feel safe and no ones bothering them....food/water must be nearby to keep them there this long since March. They rotate within an area frequently staying two/three days then moving to another food and this year water source for 2/3 days then moving again, remember road kill are easy and a stable food source in the suburbs. Also packing meat plants, slaughter houses...food/water is the key !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts