The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trapped a couple properties the last couple years and hit the yotes pretty hard. Now it seems they aren't there in the numbers. I get that, but the question is how long does it take them to re-populate a given area.

·
Premium Member
24,083 Posts
It shouldn't take long they breed like jack rabbits

·
Registered
356 Posts
You should be hoping when do the foxs move in lol, just kidding if that's what you enjoy trapping keep hammering them, if their food changed or not as plentiful there they will move, but let a couple move in and you'll be back in business if some don't already have territory marked out in your spot

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you say that Matthews94 because my red Fox catch is up considerably from the last few years

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
curious...how many coyotes have you taken? and from what size of area? yearly average or whatever numbers you may know??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mauser06 said:
curious...how many coyotes have you taken? and from what size of area? yearly average or whatever numbers you may know??
Two years ago the one area I trap, which consists of about 400 acres, two of us caught 12 coyotes. Last year we caught one in the same area. It just seems odd to me that the catch numbers would drop that dramatically.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
that is interesting it dropped so drastically...

but...if you are now catching fox id count my lucky stars at night...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts