The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not the finished project, it is still in progress. Coyotes are dried but finish work not yet done, and the base needs quite a bit more work. Thought you all might enjoy seeing this, even if not yet finished. Could be a while before it's done. It is a personal piece for the showroom. The blond/red yote and the black one are huge and from NY state, and the interestingly marked grey tone is from PA. The PA one weighed 40 pounds, so it's any guess what the other 2 weighed ( I bought them both already skinned). I think the blond has some dog in it, as it has rear dew claws.

·
Registered
293 Posts
they are beautiful all put together like that. that will be an impressive showroom piece.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish I had trapped the PA one! Could be a while yet for me to get a local coyote and my first ever trapped.

Oh yes, wish I had an albino or sub-albino (leucistic- has blue eyes instead of reddish like an albino). They are the rarest of all for a coyote. Not easy to get! And when you do find one, very $$$. I am not paying 500.00 for a coyote LOL.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You may get your Coyote sooner than what you think. I am just above Shrewsbury and there seems to be a lot of em running around. I know of some that were shot with bows this deer season and I here them howling some nights as I am climbing down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts