The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any one had or heard on the results of any of the many organized coyote hunting contests across the state?

HH

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
1st Place Coyote: $7880.00 Donn Reid (male 51.2#) pending results of poly test

2nd Place Coyote: $4728.00 Mark Knerr (male 45.35#) pending rsults of poly test

3rd Place Coyote: $3152.00 Teresa Soliwoda (male 45.30#) pending results of poly test

Total Heaviest Female Prize money to be given to the heaviest female

Coyote: $7632.00 Bob Brown 44.75# pending results of poly test

This comes from a $2.00 optional fee you can pay at time of registration.

·
Registered
927 Posts
So these guys are req to take a lie detector test? thats crazy... are they worried about trappers turning in some giant coyote? or somthing from CA? that is alot of money though I didnt realise it was that serious.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
What about guys who raise coyotes in a dog starting pen. They could always turn 1 in. You can buy pups over in Ohio in the spring, at least you could a few years ago. For 7k I bet there is plenty of cheating going on. But it is possible to legaly kill a high number of coyotes over a well kept bait pile.

·
Banned
1,465 Posts
They never gave the results from last years poly test so why in the [censored] even bother! I see Mr. Brown is at it again turning in heaviest female this year. Dog and pony show. Nuff said

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Lost In The Sproul said:
They never gave the results from last years poly test so why in the [censored] even bother! I see Mr. Brown is at it again turning in heaviest female this year. Dog and pony show. Nuff said
Exactly.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Lost In The Sproul said:
I see Mr. Brown is at it again turning in heaviest female this year. Dog and pony show. Nuff said
What's the deal with that guy? He seems to win or place in every contest. Is he legit?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I know 1st place was a called coyote.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I walked into kecks and heard about it and was happy to hear a local called in a big coyote. Good job to those three callers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know all 3 of these fellows good. Got the picture text of the 'yotes not long after Donn shot them. Congrats to them

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's one thing to Kill quite a few coyotes. Our group Kills a ton every year. It's another thing for every coyote you kill for the big hunts to be 45 + lbs. or a 45 lb female.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts