1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive design Gadget Eyewear Astronomical object Personal luxury car

....with bohunr and I ? :unsure:

We thought about you Coyotejohn !!!!!

The starting temp when we loaded the truck up was around 3° with a low forecasted for around -5°ish....we laughed about the weather guy always being wrong .....we called out some probable negative temps but never thought -21°
Most of the spots when we got back to the truck were from -10° to -17°....not too bad really....but the temps kept dropping after each 30 to 60 minute stand the further into the night we went.

bohunr- "Most sane folks are home right now..."
bohunr- "Do coyotes really move more in the cold?..."
me- "hey...heat wave..it's -10° .."
bohunr- "...don't touch gun with bare hands.."
me- "..did you hear that howl?..I have know idea where it came from.."
me- "..is that fence hot? "
bohunr- "..that snow looks deep..there is no way were getting through that snow and over that fence"...as I'm walking through knee deep snow eyeing up a climbn tree next to the fence actually think the 2 of us can climb the tree and jump out of it on other side of fence...walllaaa(actually not the craziest thing I've done to kill coyotes and electric fences)

me -"..where did that one answer from?.." bohunr- "..right in front of us" me- .."...I thought it was way to our left "
"..we must really like coyote hunting..." -disclaimer-I was driving and think bohunr was just being polite :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

..all-n-all a nice clear night to kill......time

·
Registered
3,719 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
There’s about 3” of “ice snow” on the ground here. My wife asked yesterday if I was hunting last night and seemed surprised when I said no. She asked again this evening, same response. She looks at me funny when I tell her it’s probably pointless since it’s soooooo loud walking. Not sure she gets everything within a mile will hear me “sneaking” in. I feel like it’s free education in these conditions. Announce my presence, then demonstrate my sounds. I don’t think I ever remember calling anything in when it’s so crunchy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts