The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Plott hounds and a Walker. Question is, do any of you other Houndman run your dogs in this deep snow? The area I hunt now has over 3 foot of snow and more to come. Any concerns with this and the safety of the dogs.

· Registered
741 Posts
Snowshoes are made for deep snow...they work pretty well. I ran beagles in it on Wednesday and altho we did not get a run(no Rabbits out) they did hunt hard for 3 hours. I do not coon hunt in it, coons do not like it either. If they did I would definitely run in it.

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We ran last Saturday after the first storm and then this Saturday with another foot of snow about 3 foot total in the woods. The dogs did well in it can't say that about the humans we had a tough time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.