The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy showed up on one of the cameras a couple of days ago. We weren't sure exactly what it was. The logical choice would be coyote, but the coloration and pattern made us think differently. With 30+ years of trapping experience between dad and myself I thought we would let you guys give your opinions.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This guy showed up on one of the cameras a couple of days ago. We weren't sure exactly what it was. The logical choice would be coyote, but the coloration and pattern made us think differently. With 30+ years of trapping experience between dad and myself I thought we would let you guys give your opinions.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wow. Great pic. I say yote. But I'm no expert. Could just be acrazy coloration. Size, shape and position of tail to me looks spot on.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Dang! that sure looks like a shepherd/coyote mix. Domestic coloring but a bushy yote like tail....

Very Interesting!

·
Registered
256 Posts
i wonder what peoples responses would be if this image were to be photoshopped and had a residential neighborhood in the background... it would probably change my perspective ad my guess... just a thought

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
IF..it was a cross is it considered a yote or dog ie someone's pet.
When in doubt let it walk.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts