The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been raised on and running beagles for quite some time now so I'm all too familiar with the hounds but this Saturday will be my first time ever hunting for birds over dogs. My cousin is in the Marines and spent the last 10 years flip flopping between his base in Hawaii and flying choppers in Afghanastan so I haven't had the chance to see him too much. Well, he's back home for another week and we got started talking about hunting and telling stories. It then hit me that it would be a great opportunity to take him to a pheasant preserve to give him the chance to do some local hunting once again. So this Saturday we're going to go for a few Chukars and Pheasants and I can't wait. I know it's a preserve but to me this will be one of the best hunts of my life and I can't wait. I'll try and post pics when we're done.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Be careful...hunting over a bird dog can be addictive! LOL. There's certainly nothing wrong with hunting at a well run preserve. Have fun and take lots of pictures. Also, please tell your cousin, thank you for his service!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Awesome. Have fun and please thank your cousin for me. Service men put it all on the line. a little R&R at a Preserve sounds like a blast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts