The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family was at Colton Point a couple weeks ago. Had to really peak thru the limbs to see them, but it was really cool.

·
Premium Member
24,179 Posts
Nice pics!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Thanks

A good friend of mine called Friday morning--he was heading for Bake Oven Knob and wanted me to go along--which I often do but could not get away last week.

He saw three Bald Eagles, two adults and one juvenile. The adults were close together.

I have been watching a pair at the US FWS National Conservation Training Center near the Potomac in Shepherdstown, West Virginia for four years.

They have had everything from complete failure to successfully fledging three eaglets. It is really an amazing thing to watch--their parenting goes way beyond instinctive--if you have kids this would be a tremendous introduction to wildlife appreciation.

I can't believe how "involved" I get with these guys every year. There is a cam above their nest and it is on 24 hours a day with a low light resolution lens---it will start up again in Feb as they begin laying eggs

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They sure are. It's great to see. That's the closest I've ever been to any. Telephoto helped a lot also. Saw two way far away this spring at Little Pine State Park too.

skinner - That eagle cam thing looks really cool. I've got it bookmarked. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts