·
Premium Member
24,101 Posts
Beautiful wingbones Tony

Reactions: fall gobbler

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Simply awesome work, thanks for sharing...How many hours did they take to complete?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Simply awesome work, thanks for sharing...How many hours did they take to complete?

Lots, lol.
It's hard to say exactly as I usually do several at a time and they're done in stages. Get bones out of freezer and cook down, remove any meat, cut off the ends, clean out the marrow and webbing, degrease and whiten..... cut and fit, tune, then epoxy together.....epoxy putty the joints and let dry..... sand smooth the next day.....soak all except the mouthpiece in coffee to stain it..... do all the thread work and apply color fast to keep from fading....do artwork, personalize, sign and date. Apply a self leveling epoxy finish and put it on a turner for 24 hrs. …….. make a lanyard and turn a cork lip stop....DONE!!

You really have to enjoy the craft and all the great people you meet because of it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sweet looking pair of calls, beautiful work

PS, has anyone ever requested you soak them in that exotic coffee that those cats eat the bean and then they make the coffee out of the... , well you know.

that might be just the thing for those jungle oscillated turkeys

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PS, has anyone ever requested you soak them in that exotic coffee that those cats eat the bean and then they make the coffee out of the... , well you know.

that might be just the thing for those jungle oscillated turkeys

LOL!!! If I ever get that request, I'll send them your way Ken, lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
LOL,
I don't know if that exotic coffee could be any worse than some of the gas station "dark roast" coffee I have had.

Is one of these 2 calls the one for the auction coming up at Turkey Trot?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts