The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a couple of questions. When leaving my stand tonight, I kicked up two deer about 100 yards from my stand. One I did not see anything but the tail. The other was a half rack Y buck. I know there are other deer around. I took a doe three weeks ago when I saw 12 deer. I also have a nice 6 on my trail camera. Here are my questions:

1. Is it safe to use my stand Thursday and Saturday after spooking those deer? They didn't see me on stand.

2. How often do you use a stand? I hunt two small areas, both about 5 acres. One is much closer to my home so easier to get to. How often is too often to be in the same stand?

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
My opinion for what it is worth is that it is hard to overhunt a stand during the rut. Honestly if I have a good stand for the rut and I am seeing deer from it, I would hunt it both Thursday and Saturday.

·
Registered
19,536 Posts
cspot said:
My opinion for what it is worth is that it is hard to overhunt a stand during the rut. Honestly if I have a good stand for the rut and I am seeing deer from it, I would hunt it both Thursday and Saturday.
This.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts