The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on two trips. Pics from my Cell phone. I'm not doing as good as usual only 310 so far.

·
Registered
184 Posts
just thought i would give it a try..LOL....what are some good website to learn about where to look? Never really hunted them but many look for some this weekend if i can get away from the lady.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Have not seen any yet in NEPA, how about anyone else?

·
Registered
53 Posts
South central PA. will be booming by Saturday after the couple warm days. I can't wait. Found a new spot today that is absolute elm heaven.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went tonight in the steady rain! Found 52 real nice sized ones. Waiting to hit it big. I usually have one day where I get 200-500 so far the most in one day has been 168.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I also went out in the downpowr to check some spots. Got out alittle late so went to my favorite spot first. They were everywhere. I seen hundreds of morels just poking up through the leaf cover. I barely even walked into the woods. I didn't pick one and just backed off so I wasn't stepping on them. I'll go back today or tomorrow. I am very close to you 6.5, so your spots should be in full swing very soon too. That rain was just what we needed.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
oh man, that's killin' me. Where we used to live they grew in the front "yard," when I'd get home from work I'd pick a gallon and have them for dinner.

Nice finds...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apple trees and poplar stands are good too. I have never done good in poplar all though some people swear by it. I focus on elm and apple. Yesterday was weird all the elms had blondes under them and the apples all had blacks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When i drive around to look for good spots I look from the roads and try to see lots of white snags among the green foilage on south facing hills, right now is the best. When an elm tree dies the bark just slides right off of it, usually starting from the top. From far away on a road looking up onto a ridge they will pop out like crazy once you have the eye for it. i find most of the time my good elm spots are thick with briars, they make me work for my morels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts