The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........starting tomorrow July 13th first day to accept PA Antlerless Applications!!

Mailed mine to Sullivan County Treasurer(Laporte) on Friday same as I done for last 50 plus years without ever experiencing a hiccup. As in past I expect to be awarded tomorrow.

Curious to hear of where you send yours plus experiences etc??

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
50 years here also, Crawford county. Only hiccup here was for my son years ago when his didn't come and the check never cleared. Must of got lost/misplaced some where?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Warren County, None now with allocation being high. 40,50 years ago if you were awarded a tag you had bragging rights. One time they issue me a tag for a WMU in the Poconos! Now I check all 3 WMU preferences the same 2F

·
Registered
16,958 Posts
MANY, Years ago it was Elk county and we stood in line to hand them in. now i send first round to Erie County and second round to _ county becuase Erie is way to slow and i missed out on a second round 2 years ago when they had thousands left. took a lesson from reading these forums and didnt miss out last year.

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Warren County, None now with allocation being high. 40,50 years ago if you were awarded a tag you had bragging rights. One time they issue me a tag for a WMU in the Poconos! Now I check all 3 WMU preferences the same 2F
I remember the same thing for Sullivan County back in the 60's & 70's. Our camp had 8 members & we all put in and were lucky if 2-3 got a tag. One old member used to drive to Laporte & drop in the Post Office. He didn't seem fair any better than the rest of us. lol

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blair County. Post office is 20' from the Treasurers office..... Never any issues.
Great!! My Post Office is 1/2 mile from me where I mail. All their mail then is routed through Harrisburg(30 miles away) then to destination. Local mail handled same way...if I mail to a neighbor down street it still is sent through Harrisburg. Years ago it was postmarked locally & delivered directly by local carrier. Just love modernization!! lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Centre County, 35 years, no problems, in fact, once the office called me because I'd forgotten to check a WMU. Thats why I like things done on a local level ! i don't mind mailing mine, its kind of a ritual.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
I remember , decades ago, if you sent for Indiana county, you didn't have a prayer unless you had an Indiana county zip code. Now, with CWD, people are probably wiping their butts with tags for that area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts